News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 11:40:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Trailer Queen" the 1983 Limited Wagon  (Read 77822 times)

Prafeston

Re: My First Eagle: 1983 Limited Wagon "Trailer Queen"
« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2012, 12:41:10 AM »
Wow...that just seemed too easy!!

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 216
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2012, 01:04:18 AM »
Thanks Eaglefreek!  I guess he really could have woodgrained wheels if he wanted them.  Who knew??? That looks really cool!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Prafeston

« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2012, 11:26:36 AM »
I'm pretty stoked! Finally found a full set of the Turbine wheels and the seller isn't asking a fortune...there is even some useable rubber still on them...though I may have to just take them off and sell them as they are 31 x 11.50 and I'm pretty sure that's going to be way too big. Now I'll just have to figure out what tires I want to put on them!

Here is the crappy mock up I did awhile back.

And here are the wheels I'll be purchasing.

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2012, 12:07:42 PM »
Nice wheels! Now ditch the big tires and a set of p215/65R15'S blackwalls will set them off nicely. Been looking for a set of those wheels myself. So far I have found one. It was his spare so it never seen the ground and looks as new. Only need three more and then I will be happy too! Anyway nice find and good luck with the tires and what ever tires you decide on.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Prafeston

« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2012, 12:10:53 PM »
Nice wheels! Now ditch the big tires and a set of p215/65R15'S blackwalls will set them off nicely. Been looking for a set of those wheels myself. So far I have found one. It was his spare so it never seen the ground and looks as new. Only need three more and then I will be happy too! Anyway nice find and good luck with the tires and what ever tires you decide on.

eagleman...I too purchased a spare from someone...it looked like it had seen some use though. I just finished wire wheeling it and it looks pretty nice. I'd sell it to you, but it would probably cost me like 25 bucks to ship it...so you'd be looking at 50+ bucks for one wheel. It's up to you though. I don't really need a spare one...I have no where to put it and I'd rather not spend the extra money to buy another tire for it!

Offline recomer

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2012, 02:34:02 PM »
I love those wheels myself (see below)

83 Eagle Wagon

rohnk

« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »
Rafe, those don't look quite right.

The AMC "turbine" wheels have a lot of narrow slots in them. The "turbo cast and turbo cast 2" wheels are more what these look like. However the AMC Turbo Cast wheels are 12 spoke, not 10. They were also 14".

These look like American Racing "Vector" wheels that are 15x10. They only have 10 spokes so they are a close looking wheel, but not exactly. You can find them all over the place.

Prafeston

« Reply #172 on: June 07, 2012, 02:57:52 PM »
They aren't AMC turbocasts...they are older Cherokee ones.

Prafeston

« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2012, 02:59:29 PM »
I love those wheels myself (see below)

Yeah, they seem to be a nice upgrade to the hubcaps I got now...they have a somewhat similar look so I think it makes for a pretty stock looking appearance.

Offline recomer

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2012, 03:16:58 PM »
My thoughts on them as they were available on the 84-91 Cherokee's they fit the period of the car.
83 Eagle Wagon

Prafeston

« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2012, 03:18:43 PM »
Well...in that case they are a little to modern for my '83  :rotfl:

Prafeston

« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2012, 05:17:03 PM »
Well the wheels are officially in my girlfriends possession! She's so good to me. The wheels popped up on CL Kansas City last night and I asked if she'd get them for me and I'd pay her back when I see her this weekend. She's taking the train to STL and we are going to a concert Friday night. Glad I got a girl who will help me out with my addiction.

We did have her meet the guy at Union Station where the Amtrak is and her dad was dropping her off so it wasn't creepy or anything! :) This is like the 4th time I've had someone buy/transfer parts for me from out of town. It's been working out nicely. I have good friends and family!

Unfortunately I'm not actually sure when I'll be able to go to KC next to pick them up!  ???

Offline recomer

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2012, 08:42:11 PM »
Well...in that case they are a little to modern for my '83  :rotfl:

Mines an 83 too :P
83 Eagle Wagon

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2012, 08:09:20 AM »
Rafe, Can you tell me what did the wire wheel do to this wheel? I mean did it damage the aluminum or anything.Had a friend who tried that and really messed up his wheel.Probably depends on how course the wire wheel was.Anyway yeah I am interested in your wheel. Not to crazy about the shipping cost but what is is I guess.I believe the other wheel I got shipping cost was around twenty five also.Seems to be about the going rate for shipping wheels these days. I can't seem to be as lucky as you and find a full nice set close by.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Prafeston

« Reply #179 on: June 08, 2012, 12:29:16 PM »
Check your PMs Eagleman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk