News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 15, 2024, 04:11:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Crazy guy with crazy dreams  (Read 7948 times)

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: Crazy guy with crazy dreams
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 01:05:01 AM »
Hey Hypereagle...what kind of drive train did you stick behind that motor...Im like a year off from getting this EFI build done so Ill have all winter to pour over the details for my next project.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline maddog

• a long haired redneck country boy
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 50
  • AMC Eagle the original crossover
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 02:29:31 AM »
And youre right maddog...I have full blown bird flu...of the Eagle variety that is ;D...No cure for this disease Im affraid. 8)
the problem is i think i have it to because i want a field as far as the eye can see full of Eagles. :P :help:
1998 CHEVY S10 (DAILY DRIVER/PROJECT) INTIMIDATIN'
1980 AMC EAGLE WAGON (PROJECT) EAGLE EYES
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=30758.0
1983 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON-SURVIVOR (gone)
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=32372.0

Offline hypereagle

• SX4! A car that's in a league of it's own.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 10
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 08:55:47 PM »
Hey Hypereagle...what kind of drive train did you stick behind that motor...Im like a year off from getting this EFI build done so Ill have all winter to pour over the details for my next project.
T5 trans and 207 transfer case from a S10 blazer. it did stand up to my surprise. Even the clutch which was smaller.
Had the largest clutch which believe it or not was from the 1.9L Isuzu. Think it was 9 11/16". The V6 were smaller. Price was right at the time. 2 transmissions and atransfer case for $200.00.  Had to modify release/throught out bearing support. The Eagle bell housing needed 2 other holes drilled and tapped for different bolt pattern of trans. Again ironicly there were boses on the bell housing exactly where the new holes needed to be.
The 207 is a part time dual range transfer case. Unfortunely with only power to the rear axles on dry pavement under hard take offs I broke 3 axles.
 The other flukey part of all this with the SX4 was I was able to use the rear drive shaft for the front. Great because it's some what bigger than the original front drive shaft. The fit was perfect.  Just pure luck.
73 AMX/Javelin, 79 Spirit, 81 SX4, 87 Comanche, 02 Grand Cherokee Ltd, 86 2dr Cherokee, 70 AMX 390 4 Spd.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk