News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 10:26:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WE Want to know what kind of tires you use  (Read 29393 times)

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
Re: WE Want to know what kind of tires you use
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »

HI   Thank you now I see some thing on Canadian tire ...that's grate Ken   ...........Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2011, 09:34:31 PM »

WE cant use studs here its against the LAW ..............Don

"Studded tires permitted Oct 1 to April 15 on vehicles less than 9,000 lbs GVW, buses, emergency vehicles. See Tennessee code, title 55 motor and other vehicles, chapter 8 operation of motor vehicles - rules of the road, chapter 9 equipment - lighting regulations, part 1 general provisions 55-9-102 emergency parts and accessories to be carried by various type motor vehicles. Refer to 55-9-106 studded tires." 

1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2011, 03:57:54 AM »

HI       Thanks but there is only one problem I live in MI and they don't allow studded tires.. can't even sell them thanks for checking .  TN IS MY HOME STATE AND I LOVE IT THERE But I cant get out of MI right now
                          theres no one left up here to buy my house and I don't want to loos it .IT consist of every thing
                           Theres people up hear that has had the house on the market for 3 and 4 years with no bits
                           It could be worse......................Don
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 04:13:19 AM by teneagle »
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2011, 01:04:12 PM »
No studded tires allowed in Michigan?  That seems really strange in a northern state.
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2011, 09:09:48 PM »
No studded tires allowed in Michigan?  That seems really strange in a northern state.
                HI          I live west of Kalamazoo the studs were messing up the roads they keep the roads clean
                              it was that way when I moved hear........Don

eaglesx4

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2011, 09:46:04 PM »
2 new Goodyear Viva for the Kia today.  56.00 each the least expensive I could find

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2011, 10:47:49 PM »
I see people running studs year round here in colorado...They kinda frown on in but I dont think theres any laws against it yet.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2011, 10:27:36 AM »

HI I thought if I were  wrong about the studs I better check SO I just got off the phone with the MI state police he said no way in the lower MI ......But In some cases in the Upper MI....Where I live you will get arested and fined and your car hauled away that you have to pay for  I thanked the man and said good bye.......Don

Offline MetalBird

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
  • Up The Irons!!! \m/
    • Metal Bird Media Productions
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2011, 11:57:06 AM »
I have the Firestone Destination AT.  I like them, been running for 3 years now, maybe not quietest on the highway but they were the best reviewed ones among what I was looking at ... that and I had a coupon!
1982 AMC Eagle Kammback
1986 AMC Eagle Sedan

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2011, 04:01:38 PM »

HI     I think that all allweather tires  make some noise at speed ...as long as they work..............Don

Offline TwoEaglesForMe

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 12
  • Greg
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »
I have 215-75-15 Trail Buster A/T  Some cheap brand but have decent wear and traction ratings.  Not noisy but great in snow plus the price was free. I have no lift just new springs all the way around no rubbing.

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2011, 07:47:57 PM »
                                                                           This is number   401  its no v8 but its a  401      post#

HI  twoeaglesforme thanks for adding yours to the offering thanks.............Don

you have ben around for some time but this is the first time for me to talk to you like I said thanks
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 10:02:18 PM by teneagle »

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2011, 12:13:07 AM »
Man, thats harsh!! I wonder if they cut tourists any slack...or do they get a big fat ticket and a night in jail too? talk about a souvenier!!! :police:
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline doneagle

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2011, 08:33:37 AM »

HI    I don't know about the tourists......but if your a local by   by  $$$$$..................Don

Aquila Real

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2012, 05:48:19 PM »
Just put some studded Hankook 409 iPikes on.  205/70/15.   Now, where is all the snow?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk