News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• July 05, 2024, 01:38:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Whuntmore's Eagle Project - Flicker (Picture heavy!)  (Read 135346 times)

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
Re: Whuntmore's Eagle Project - Flicker (Picture heavy!)
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2011, 11:44:58 AM »
thanks 83Eagle!  but I had a couple of family emergencies over xmas. 

First, my cat of over 14 years had to be put down because of kidney failure - And short of kidney transplant, we pretty much did everything we could (IV flushes, pills...) she was old - I got her when she was about 2 years old, so when she died, she was over 16 years old.

Then not even 5 days after that, I found out my mom has to go in to get a biopsy done. 

So Flicker got put on hold.  hopefully Monday the 3rd, I can get the licensing done.

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »
Family comes first.  I am sorry to hear about your cat.  Sounds like she had a good lond run though. 

Sorry to hear about the biopsy. Do I need to add your Mom to my prayer list?
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2011, 02:26:01 PM »
Family comes first.  I am sorry to hear about your cat.  Sounds like she had a good lond run though. 

Sorry to hear about the biopsy. Do I need to add your Mom to my prayer list?

Thanks for that.  I'll keep you posted if you might need to add her.

I will update this thread as soon as the car is licensed for the road.  I did go down yesterday and start her up, she started up right away, considering she had been sitting for over a week after being fixed up.

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2011, 04:40:04 PM »
I finally got the car licensed for the road, it has plates now, and she's got insurance for the year.  So now all I have to do is get the plate on the car, and she's good to go.

This spring and summer will be more mods, repairs, and upgrades.  I think like other projects here, it ends up as a work in progress.  I imagine by the time I have the drivetrain rebuilt or upgraded, get the interior fixed up (seats redone, and new carpet) I'm sure it will be a year or two.

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2011, 04:57:39 PM »
Nice! Always feels good to take a project for its first legal drive. Hear ya on the work in progress, lol, mine is 10 years and counting  :rotfl: (not eagle).
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2011, 05:48:48 PM »
Nice! Always feels good to take a project for its first legal drive. Hear ya on the work in progress, lol, mine is 10 years and counting  :rotfl: (not eagle).

Holy!  Yup, I can see that.  but you did alot more to your (SX/4?) then I did to this car.  I wanted to get it safe to drive, but there's tons more to do.  I'd love to completely strip the sucker down, and redo it from the ground up.  Someday I will be able to do that.

Shaggimo, do you have any updates to your eagle?  Love to see it.

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2011, 07:37:39 AM »
lol, my malibu has been then the 10 year project car, I don't think I'll ever get it "done"  :laughing1: .  Girlies' eagle is in storage for the winter so no progress, haven't done much to it since spring except for getting it to be a reliable driver. Her car got a semi-tear down and paint over the course of 6 months (2009), it's just a matter of reassembling the interior in the spring (was having too much fun driving everywhere last summer I guess, lol). I'm working on a few other small things with it, new wheel idea, new bumper idea, ect, but nothing major. I was going to do an engine swap, but it runs too dang good to disturb, lol.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2011, 12:04:19 PM »
All Eagles (heck any older car) are always project cars.  That is if you drive them like they were intended to be.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2011, 09:41:28 AM »
Well, I drove her home last night... Man!  She drove great!  I had no problems doing 100K down the highway, never stalled once, everything worked right with no issues on the drive.  She just drove.  Kinda cool driving her, got a few looks too!  My wife was driving behind her and didn't think Flicker would do that speed.  I didn't think she would either.

I'm totally hooked now, all I want to do is drive her around. 

I'm sure there will be issues here and there - As other old parts die, but did she ever go good last night.  My wife was even impressed. 

Then I took my wife for a quick cruise in Flicker, and we went up into a side road off-leash area, where the parking lot is mainly dirt, and I showed her how good Flicker is in the snow - Driving her thru the a joining field.  Carol was like, "you're going to get stuck..."  Nope... Flicker walked in and out like it was a dry city road. 

Then she was like 'Wow, this is gonna be great next snow fall', yer damm right.

I still have a ton to do on her, but that was rewarding.

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2011, 10:10:19 AM »
Now you are going to have to get the Mrs her own Eagle ;D

For sure!  Maybe I'll take that 2 door sport off Dean, and build that one up for Carol.  I still have to finish this one, to where I know she'll be a dependable DD, and then yeah, I'll have to get another one (Dammit, it's started already - I'm already thinking of my next eagle.  Have I got a fever?  Do I need more Cowbell?).

My wife is short - Like 5'1" tall (me being 6'3" tall, a bit of difference) and when she was getting in Flicker, she was having to hop up.  That was great.  She was like 'Crap, I can't get in your car'.  lolol.  I thought I was gonna have to get her a stool.

Offline mick

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 46
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2011, 11:55:46 AM »
The car looks great.  It is very rewarding to effortlessly plow through snow.  Glad to hear your hard work is paying off.
ALMOST A Jeep THING...EVEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Offline El Matador

• AMC Freak
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • SubaWHO?
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2011, 05:45:47 PM »
Maybe I'll take that 2 door sport off Dean

That's a mighty big "Maybe".  ;D

If I go to the sanctuary and see an empty space where it once stood, I now know where to look first.  :P
1973 Matador 2 door
1979 Concord 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1981 Eagle SX/4
1981 Eagle wagon
1982 Concord 2 door
1987 Eagle wagon

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2011, 07:20:34 PM »
Glad you got it out on the road.  That is great.  Always a great feeling to do the maiden voyage after rebuilding and fixing things. 

Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2011, 07:36:04 PM »
Glad you got it out on the road.  That is great.  Always a great feeling to do the maiden voyage after rebuilding and fixing things. 

for sure.  Really feels good when everything you did worked really well.  Thx for the support.

EM - What you mean?  You said you wanted it saved, well if I save it, it's saved, right?  So there.   And you know I'll get alot more done... So there!  Fork it over.  I got plans for that sucker, and I'm da mon to get it done.  Look how much I got done on flicker here.   You know I could get that sucker to pass safety, so don't let it rot in that field there Dean ole' buddy, give (ok sell) it to someone who will care for it, love it, and fix it up to it's prior glory.

I'll allow you to re-consider your position...   ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline HappyPappy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2011, 07:44:04 PM »
All you need is one with air ride, or one of those that bounce up and down!!  LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk