News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 07:24:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Priya's SX/4 project  (Read 353937 times)

Offline Will

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
Re: Priya's SX/4 project
« Reply #405 on: June 28, 2011, 04:08:27 PM »
you rock.  thanks again.

Will
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
4.2L

Offline Mechanic

• "This is gona be expensive....."
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 53
  • Which project to start first....
« Reply #406 on: June 28, 2011, 08:34:43 PM »
By the way Pria, i have those SX/4 trim pieces if you still need them, those and most any other trim pieces.
2000 Toyota 4runner 221,000 k's (DD)
1997 Chevy S10 180,000 k's (Project car)
1988 Mazda RX-7 248,000 k's (For Sale)
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon 192,000 k's (Project car)
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4 65,000 k's (Restoration Project)
1981 AMC Eagle SX/4 140,000 k's (Trail build)
1981 Chevy Camaro Burlineta 134,000 K's (Performance build)
1977 Ford F350 Dually with dump (farm truck project)

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #407 on: June 28, 2011, 10:45:12 PM »
Oh, thanks Mechanic.  68AMXGOPAC put the piece I need in the mail a little while back, I'm expecting it Friday.  I'll keep in mind the other pieces you have if I need anything else.

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #408 on: June 28, 2011, 10:55:55 PM »
Will I can't find the catalogue I had marked with the cam I bought.  I know it was a Comp Cams grind intended for low end torque and increased fuel mileage and it had around .415 lift so I strongly suspect it is the same cam you linked to.

Offline Will

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #409 on: June 29, 2011, 06:51:43 AM »
thanks again priya.  will keep you posted.

best,

will
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4
4.2L

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #410 on: July 17, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »
Believe it or not some progress is being made.  I got all the wheel well trim on yesterday, special thanks to 68AMXGOPAC for getting me the last piece of aluminum wheel well trim.  Most of the exterior is together, excepting the rear spoiler, the mouldings that seperate the lower body colour from the upper body colour, and the various decals, such as the SX/4 door stickers.  Had the car out in the sun yesterday to soften up the plastic wheel well flares to make them easier to install as the plastic has shrunk with age and needs to be pushed into place to insert the various clips and screws.  The car is pretty dusty and the sun wasn't at the ideal angle, but the picture didn't turn out too bad and I thought it was about time to show the current state of the car:

After being unable to find a rear hatch release solenoid my husband found this electric popper in the Princess Auto surplus bin for the princely sum of $5.00:

Hubby was able to mount the gear driven electric popper without even having to modify the hatch at all.  And it works!

I just need to figure out a way to plug the hatch keyhole and then I can mount the spoiler.  From here I'm focusing on the interior.  I've got the carpet mostly installed, a bit of trimming around the shifter to do.  I'm doing some more insulating as well.  The front seats are almost ready to go in, just need some more slight adjustments to the adapter brackets and they'll be ready for permanent installation.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 01:53:54 PM by priya »

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
« Reply #411 on: July 17, 2011, 01:56:40 PM »
WICKED  :o 8)
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #412 on: July 17, 2011, 02:15:47 PM »
You should be able to just find some pop in plugs for the hole.Either plastic from the "help" rack , or maybe even a metal one like they use to plug up knock out holes in an electrical box, etc.

Car looks awesome !!! Glad the trim piece worked out for you.

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #413 on: July 17, 2011, 08:02:44 PM »
Thanks guys!  I'm really thrilled with how this car is turning out.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #414 on: July 18, 2011, 01:48:55 AM »
Before you mentioned an electric latch popper I would have never thought about that....That is just plain awesome! What a clever idea!....By the way the car looks stunnig!
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #415 on: July 18, 2011, 12:30:53 PM »
Before you mentioned an electric latch popper I would have never thought about that....That is just plain awesome! What a clever idea!....By the way the car looks stunnig!

Thanks Shanebo!  Initially my husband said don't bother looking for a factory solenoid, we'll fabricate something. After some time went by I thought if I can get a factory solenoid for a reasonable price I'll buy it.  A member had one in an auction and as I recall I bid up to $30 on it and then decided it was too high when the other bidder went to $35.  A couple weeks later hubby asks me if I can find the factory solenoid as a spare he'd brought home from work didn't have the power to do the job.  I was "Arrrgh!", thinking I should have bid more on the factory one but then hubby found this one and you sure can't beat $5 for a fix.

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #416 on: July 18, 2011, 08:43:33 PM »

HI     Priya     this  baby is looking good as soon as I saw her I said that is going to be hot with the wheels on
                            it ....Grate work you two......I love that car ....Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #417 on: July 18, 2011, 09:59:59 PM »
Thanks Teneagle ;)

I guess there's nothing stopping me from putting the new wheels on, I should do that and see how it looks.

Prafeston

« Reply #418 on: July 19, 2011, 12:29:38 AM »
Yes, picks please! The only thing holding it back right now are those wheels! :) Can't wait to see the spoiler on there too!

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #419 on: July 19, 2011, 12:46:39 AM »
Thanks Teneagle ;)

I guess there's nothing stopping me from putting the new wheels on, I should do that and see how it looks.

HI I am all for that ..if I were closer I would help you ...but I'm not .........Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk