News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 16, 2024, 07:14:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Priya's SX/4 project  (Read 344807 times)

Offline shaggimo

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
Re: Priya's SX/4 project
« Reply #555 on: April 12, 2012, 01:08:54 PM »
I liked the style of the Jeep steering wheel better than the factory eagle sport steering wheel.  At some point in the future (if he gets the time) my husband is going to make a different centre cap for the steering wheel, probably just put "AMC" on it.

That little jeep emblem pops out, it looks like part of the center cap, but the chrome ring with the jeep logo removes with a little instigating. I have the same center cap set aside for the SX/4, plans to make a little  :amc: logo for it as well.
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #556 on: April 12, 2012, 02:10:57 PM »
That little jeep emblem pops out, it looks like part of the center cap, but the chrome ring with the jeep logo removes with a little instigating. I have the same center cap set aside for the SX/4, plans to make a little  :amc: logo for it as well.

My husband popped the Jeep emblem out before we put the wheel on, I've tried to do it since but can't figure it out.  Hopefully he can remember how to do it when the time comes.

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
« Reply #557 on: April 12, 2012, 03:26:52 PM »
It's all coming together nicely Priya  :hello2:
I seen awhile back where you were looking for the side molding. But never seen where you had found yours, unless I missed it somewhere. Where did you find it? Looks to be oem or very close.
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #558 on: April 12, 2012, 04:34:13 PM »
It's all coming together nicely Priya  :hello2:
I seen awhile back where you were looking for the side molding. But never seen where you had found yours, unless I missed it somewhere. Where did you find it? Looks to be oem or very close.

I got it from 68AMXGOPAC.

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
« Reply #559 on: April 12, 2012, 07:06:52 PM »
Sharp looking interior.  Blue really goes well with purple in my opinion... also with pink too.

Keep on truckin' Priya! Post more pictures when you get a chance, I would like to see more of your SX/4!
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #560 on: April 12, 2012, 08:19:36 PM »
I saw your posts before when you were doing body work to it. That interior is just ............. Well, there aren't really words to describe how sharp it looks. Congrats to you & your husband both for an outstanding, no make that excellent, no wait, make that EGGselent job. Have a couple while you're at it!!
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #561 on: April 12, 2012, 08:27:26 PM »
Thanks amc78concord and 1OldFordMan!

rohnk

« Reply #562 on: April 12, 2012, 08:48:48 PM »
How did you dye the interior parts? Brush on, spray on, dipped? Can you tell us where you got the dye from?

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #563 on: April 12, 2012, 09:33:53 PM »
How did you dye the interior parts? Brush on, spray on, dipped? Can you tell us where you got the dye from?

I have a compressor so I bought a small touch-up type spray gun and sprayed the parts.  The dye comes in aerosol cans for small amounts or quarts of liquid you can put in your spray gun.  I got the dye from here:
http://parasolinc.com/Products.asp?ProductID=VARIBOND

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #564 on: April 14, 2012, 11:00:07 PM »
I installed the 79 Monza seats in the SX/4 today.  Here's the adaptation project:

Ward did the initial design and fabrication to adapt the Monza seats to the Eagle seat tracks.  He put the Eagle seat bottom on a makeshift work bench and added various pieces of wood until it was level, then seperated the set tracks from the Eagle seat bottom:

Then he put the Monza set on top of the Eagle seat tracks and blocked the Monza seat until it was level:

Here's the Monza to Eagle seat adapters he came up with:

Here's how they look mounted onto the Eagle seat tracks (the Monza seats bolt on top of these):

I wasn't happy with the alignment and tilt of the seats at this point so seeing as Ward had done all the hard thinking designing the adapters I felt I could tackle modifying them and tweaking them to get the alignment I wanted and so I did so.  We both found getting the Monza seats adapted to the Eagle tracks was a long and tedious process with LOTS of tinkering, tweaking and seats in and out of the car repeatedly.  If I had to do it all over again I think I'd have refinished the stock Eagle seats even though I much prefer the looks of the Monza seats.

So now the Eagle interior is finally complete and here's how it all looks together.  The Monza seats are a lighter blue than the rest of the interior but the difference is not as great as these pictures make it appear:

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
« Reply #565 on: April 15, 2012, 12:41:52 AM »
SWEEEEEET.  They look great.  Nice Work, as always.

:occasion14:
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

68AMXGOPAC

« Reply #566 on: April 15, 2012, 07:35:27 AM »
L00KS Awesome , must feel great to finally be able to "sit" behind the wheel and know how it's going to feel  driveing it.

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #567 on: April 15, 2012, 11:46:41 AM »
L00KS Awesome , must feel great to finally be able to "sit" behind the wheel and know how it's going to feel  driveing it.

Sure does.  Plus its nice to be getting most of the Eagle parts out of our small house.

Offline Baskinator

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
  • Limerick, PA
« Reply #568 on: April 15, 2012, 07:36:07 PM »
That's pretty excellent, Priya! Maybe if you're feeling dangerous, you could dye the vinyl on those seats to match the trim exactly.
1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (Work In Progress)

Photobucket Album: http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff479/Baskinator/

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #569 on: April 15, 2012, 07:55:02 PM »
Thanks Baskinator.  The top of the seats is actually cloth.  The pictures make it look like they're a lot lighter than the rest of the interior but in real life the difference isn't that great.  I took these pictures inside the garage and the flash from the camera lights the seats much more than the farther away door panels and dash.  If I can get some interior pictures outside of the garage in daylight it'll look a lot closer in colour.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk