News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 16, 2024, 06:05:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Priya's SX/4 project  (Read 344798 times)

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
Re: Priya's SX/4 project
« Reply #480 on: November 03, 2011, 05:58:53 PM »
Couldn't you use some prepainted black handles from a Jeep? Then you could paint it I think.

Sounds workable, I'm going to give some thought to that.

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #481 on: November 03, 2011, 06:42:09 PM »
For your thoughts, those handles obviously come apart.

Manitowoc WI

Offline shaggimo

• Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #482 on: November 04, 2011, 08:39:31 AM »
 :o Out in good light those colors just pop, awesome, great choice on the scheme! :occasion14:
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #483 on: November 04, 2011, 09:36:10 AM »
Thanks Casper and Shaggimo  :)

Alcology

« Reply #484 on: November 04, 2011, 10:13:20 PM »
Priya, you and Ward have done such a great job on this SX/4.  I always check in to see any updates and get a little sad when the Priya thread starts dropping down.  The little touches that you've made really make it, plus I really like the "different" color choice.  Really works and really pops out.  As a side note, if painting the door handles is a pain, have you thought about powder coating them?  Might be tough to get done, but if you're not in a rush, you might get lucky and find someone to do it cheap.

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #485 on: November 04, 2011, 10:38:45 PM »
yes, I agree, You have taken this restoration to a whole new level. i admit you have managed to break down the HUGE TASK of restoring your eagle into manageable form. You should be very proud of the quality of work you have done. some people would have gotten discouraged even before starting. Congratulations on your progress. Keep up the good work, I am sure you give many others including myself that with patience and with determination and a bit of skill anything can be done.

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #486 on: November 04, 2011, 10:52:24 PM »
Thanks a lot Alcology and Hawk258.  I ended up getting discouraged on my previous project and giving up on it so I didn't want it to happen again on this one.  Its been pretty slow going but I've stuck with it and when I didn't feel like doing anything always tried to do at least a little bit.  That's my philosophy, just keep at it and eventually you'll get it done.  I know others have been a lot quicker at their projects but I'm happy to get it done eventually rather than not at all.  At this point there's no doubt its going to be finished off in the not too distant future and it'll sure feel good.

I've thought about it and I don't think I'm going to do the door handles, at least not any time soon.  The door panels were such a huge chore to get in place and the clips kept wanting to pop out I really don't want to remove it and start fighting all over again and perhaps damage the backing board more to the point where it won't hold the clips.

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #487 on: November 04, 2011, 10:59:41 PM »
That does bring up an idea I have for you. You might want to find another backing board and use it as a template to make more. you should only need 1 as they are left and right compatible, that way if you decide to play with  future ideas or you do get into a position you feel you need the backing replaced you can. and Take pride, I have been stuck on research for a long time, I just hope that I too can get to the point you are now.

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #488 on: November 04, 2011, 11:59:47 PM »
Sounds like a good idea, I'll keep an eye out for one.

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #489 on: November 08, 2011, 06:30:54 PM »

HI   Priya.....I saw your car in Eagle of the month and it is AWSOME .........The car is beautiful .........
                             Grate work girl and of course your hubby to ....Good Luck ...........Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #490 on: November 08, 2011, 08:34:18 PM »
Thanks Don  :)

Offline amc78concord

• If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk.
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 81
  • Second Place is the First Loser!
« Reply #491 on: November 14, 2011, 11:41:34 AM »
WOWW

I'VE BEEN WAITING TO SEE THE END RESULT OF YOUR SX/4 FOR A LONG TIME.  JOB WELL DONE!!!

:notworthy:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:05:14 AM by amc78concord »
-Rob
Nekoosa, WI
-82 Eagle Limited Wagon (4.0 Head Swap, Holley 4bbl Carb, Headers, MSD Ignition with Team Rush Upgrade)
-82 Eagle SX/4
-83 Eagle Limited Wagon "Woody"
-84 Eagle Wagon
-85 Eagle Wagon
-Many Others... :amc:

:duck:

Click for Nekoosa, Wisconsin Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #492 on: November 14, 2011, 12:04:23 PM »
Thanks a lot Robert.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #493 on: November 19, 2011, 02:55:32 AM »
I LOVE how you fixed up those stock rims!! Shined up with the blue accents they put the icing on the cake! Just the picture alone threw me back in my seat....I can only imagine what it looks like in person...you have done some amazing work on that car.  :occasion14:
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #494 on: November 19, 2011, 11:31:08 AM »
Thanks Shanebo  :)

And you're right, the rims do look incredible in person.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk