News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 16, 2024, 02:49:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kamloops Hot Nite 2024 Car Show  (Read 195 times)

Offline MIPS

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 47
Kamloops Hot Nite 2024 Car Show
« on: August 11, 2024, 12:58:01 PM »
Ooh! This was a fun one. My first ever car show!

This is an annual event here in town (on it's 30th year) and it's quite large. The main event is six blocks long and spans into the side streets. Hundreds of vehicles participate. (Edited: To be more exact, there was over 630 vehicles this year!)
Ever since I got the Eagle I've tried to get it in the show but the beginning of August I'm usually travelling or the car is not in a condition where it's show ready so I typically miss out. Well this year I got back from California on Monday and decided on Friday morning that even though registration closed months ago, if you show up at 6am with cash in hand, if there's still room they'll let you register anyway. I already gave the car a full wash, wax, detail and interior clean before I left so it was only a few hours on Friday night to get it back up to presentable and quickly made some window cards.

Drove into the lineup just after 6 the next morning with five hours of sleep and sat in Classic Car Rush hour for another 20 minutes, then was able to register and was given a spot smack in the middle of downtown next to a convertible Mustang and a Dodge service truck.

The show was a smash. As it turns out there was a Rambler further down the street and that was it. I was the only vehicle to represent AMC. By the afternoon people were opening their hoods, so having spent half an hour wiping the engine bay down the night before I took advantage of this.

It was interesting what demographics saw the car and instantly knew what it is. As I noticed elsewhere online, if you are in the Boomer crowd, you generally did not care. 80's AMC is for the most part dead to you because it's not muscle car. On the other hand, if you were Gen X or early Millennial, you knew what it was. The shop that does some of the more involved work was also a sponsor of the show and they were absolutely delighted to see it in the lineup. There was a LOT of compliments on how for a daily and long-haul driver it was in excellent condition and held all its fluids, though also lots of questions about when I'll be looking to get the body cleaned up and repainted.
I mean, I would, but I'm not sure where I'd get the money to do that. ;)

There was at least one person who came over asking for info about the engine management system. You know who you are. You know of this forum. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you the diagrams you were looking for.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 05:00:43 PM by MIPS »

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 216
Re: Kamloops Hot Nite 2024 Car Show
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2024, 11:15:04 AM »
Cool looking car show!  Thanks for representing AMC!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk