News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 17, 2024, 01:17:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Front Spring Seat Attaching Bolts  (Read 2137 times)

Offline kevindpm61

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
Front Spring Seat Attaching Bolts
« on: November 30, 2015, 07:45:32 AM »
While disassembling the front suspension on the SX/4 I found out that the front spring seat attaching bolts have splined shoulders like wheel studs. Just wondering if I need to find a splined replacement or just use a good grade 8 fastener?
Follow my son's 1983 AMC SX/4 project

http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=45519.0

Offline AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 87
    • American Motors Club of Houston
Re: Front Spring Seat Attaching Bolts
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 10:15:12 AM »
Can't just reuse the old ones??   That's what I always do (press them into the new bushing).
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: Front Spring Seat Attaching Bolts
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 10:49:34 AM »
hi, unless they are damaged beyond use, I would reuse the old ones. a little extra security.  BTW, if you want rebuilds,  and don't mind paying a couple of bucks, Arizona  AMC sells complete rebuilds with poly bushings. If you want to get REALLY fancy. send your seats in to opentracker racing products, and they will rebuild them with full roller bearings. This is a Ford place, but they do the AMC spring seats. They do not use the splined bolt, just a regular grade 8 with a locknut. good luck, gz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk