News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 06:15:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LONGER SHOCKS!!!  (Read 9695 times)

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: LONGER SHOCKS!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 05:47:43 PM »
Recently I bought some parts for my Comanche including shocks with bar pin eliminator (bottom bolts on) and the top had a stud eliminator. It was for a massively lifted rig so the shocks wouldn't work for me. I found a decent pair at the swapmeet last summer which were already stud tops. I used the bar pin eliminator but still have the stud eliminators on my for sale pile. Sort of simple, yet still beefy.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 12:18:48 AM »
So those for the Chevy II/ Nova will fit on a stock height Eagle correct? Might look into lifting the front a tad eventually but for now it's sitting @ stock height.

Offline casper

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 02:46:32 AM »
BINGO BOB!!!

To me, the ride is real soft and smooth. Enough travel for the suspension to work. Other shocks listed to fit an eagle are FAR to short. (parts consolidating to make warehouse more useful, tons of parts for so many different vehicles you know.)
62 rambler classic 2 door (casper)
63 rambler american 440 (rosie)
79 spirit (drag race car)
82 eagle station wagon (rotty wagon)
82 sx4 (honeybadger)

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 10:10:30 AM »
I found them at Rock Auto I think. If they are working good for you, and work work great on a stock height Eagle, then I know what I'll be getting :)

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=294360&jnid=2&jpid=0

Compressed Bumper Stop No
Compressed Length 10.000"
Cylinder Included No
Dust Shield No
Extended Bumper Stop Yes
Extended Hydraulic Lockout No
Extended Length 15.500"
Lower Mounting Code
Stud Plate Mount
Parts Pack(s) P1137 & P423
Travel Length 5.500"