News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 26, 2024, 04:19:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rear shock top mounts  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
Rear shock top mounts
« on: September 14, 2015, 04:54:48 PM »
Can someone post a pic of what the top shock mount is supposed to look like. Some monkey got ahold of mine.they took an air chisel to the inside of the trunk to get at the top of the shock for I don't know why!!! And the  :censored: thing isn't even tight. Got the eagle 2days ago  and can't stop finding monkey dung and rot spots. O-well it's an 86 so I have to expect to find....stuff,but at least it's an eagle and cool as h#ll.

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Re: Rear shock top mounts
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 09:30:51 PM »
There should be a plate that is held on to the body by two bolts. You remove those bolts and the bottom nut and remove the shock and then you can get to the nut on top.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 02:08:52 PM »
Thank you.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 11:38:56 PM »
Since there is a hole up there already, lube the top bolts on the adapter plate to the floor from the top before trying to undo them.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk