News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 26, 2024, 04:56:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: front band adjustment  (Read 2010 times)

Offline jsherrod

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
front band adjustment
« on: July 24, 2014, 02:21:58 PM »
My front band adjustment is way off....I was following the eaglepedia on this but it doesnt really make sense....

I am supposed to tighten it to a certain torque but my adjustment screw never gets tight...u can hand thread the thing all the way into the tranny... am i missing something? thanks

james

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: front band adjustment
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 04:42:39 PM »
Sounds like a broken band. No reverse? or no second?
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline jsherrod

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 11:52:30 PM »
nope... everything works just fine.... just shifts real late

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 04:08:17 PM »
Then the return spring may be missing from the throttle linkage.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

attemptnumber2

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 09:15:16 PM »
That band should tighten. If it needs bands do it now before you end up needing drums. I am gonna cry a little when I pick up my new drums from the Trans shop... not sure what the bill is going to be

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 09:24:33 PM »
For $200 you could get a good working lockup Jeep 727 and NP219 but they are in Seattle
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:28:02 PM by carnuck »

Offline jsherrod

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 09:03:45 PM »
i may just take it to a trans shop... ive done so much on the eagle im feeling like it is time for the ol AMC to bless someone elses garage for a little while.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk