News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 25, 2024, 12:33:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1988 Eagle Wagon  (Read 4870 times)

Offline dar395

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
1988 Eagle Wagon
« on: May 09, 2014, 10:25:52 PM »
There she was on the local Craigslist, bad pictures and almost no information, a 1988 Eagle. What's that? as the wife asks. All I m doing is looking for a station wagon and this shows up, an Eagle.  In a phone call I found where it was and that it had sit in the garage for the past 20 years or so, the gent that I was talking to knew nothing at all about the car except that the battery don't go with it!  I stopped over in the morning to find a very straight body on an AMC Eagle, the paint looked faded but I looked close and thought it could be buff back to life, The interior was is great shape as well, only one door opened the front right,  No key so what else could I do,

Researching on the net I found this site, lots of information and reading quickly, back over to the car look some more, all seemed to be original and intacted, under the car, under the hood it was all there, another call to the guy, no luck.  Read some more and said why not take a chance at dealing, the price was listed as $1,200. 

Called the guy once a gain, got though, he says that the girl friend knows more than him on cars. I go back for a meet of the girl friend, had her sh-t together. She had the auto running aired up the tires and invited me to try it. Ran well and the trans sounds good as well a 4 wheel drive was working, back brake line broke but front ones working than the exhuat system falls off and popping the hood water was spraying all over, just one of the cars you have to have. 

You know the $1,200 is to much, she go's to $1,000 I say doors don't even open, she go's to $950 I say Brakes and Radiator she go's to $900 I say I got to get it home, she say's BF drives tow truck, I say maybe $800 she says ok, I say delivered, she calls BF he's on the way home with Flat Bed, I now own it, I think I may be in love!

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 216
Re: 1988 Eagle Wagon
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:30:48 PM »
Great story and congrats on acquiring your Eagle.  Welcome to the Den, we'd love to see pictures of it!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 11:22:48 PM »
Yes, welcome and great story.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 11:47:18 PM »

HI    And welcome to the den and sounds like you have a good car to start with .....did any body say we love pictures
.............................love ....................pictures ...............don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 12:05:46 AM »
Pics Pics PIcs!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline EaglePilot

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 03:26:18 AM »
GREAT story -  :hello2:

Offline dar395

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 08:47:33 PM »
As you wish, here is the Eagle as it arrives' it has no name yet! but will as soon as a little prep work has been done. arrival is by the seller's BF and her, him being a tow truck driver, great job done and right in the drive. :amc:

Offline dar395

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 08:51:32 PM »
Maybe I don't understand but I can only upload one photo at a time, sorry.

Offline dar395

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 08:59:55 PM »
Last one for tonight, gotta spend a little time on Rock Auto!

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 09:15:58 PM »
Nice looking wagon!
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 10:37:27 PM »
Looks like a nice start! Welcome to the club!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 12:02:57 AM »

HI  and thanks for the pict  ....you have a nice looking car there .....YES WELCOM TO THE CLUB  ..don..
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline Horse

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • She will be mine, oh yes she will be mine.
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 01:10:53 AM »
Welcome. That's a good looking Eagle to start with.
Only you truly know your Eagle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk