News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 26, 2024, 06:19:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Whatsup  (Read 4018 times)

Offline Mr.Big515

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Whatsup
« on: March 04, 2014, 07:25:30 PM »
Hello I am a new member of this forum and I just felt like saying hello to my fellow eagle enthusiasts  ;D  :eaglebig:
The one - The only - The AMC Eagle

Current Vehicles
1993 Ford Festiva
1995 Ford F-150
1988 Ford Thunderbird

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 213
Re: Whatsup
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 07:31:08 PM »
Welcome to the Den and thanks for joining us.  Good luck on your search for an SX/4, there are several members currently looking for one - its like an epidemic, everyone caught SX/4 fever at the same time!!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline MudPuppy

• Define Normal?
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 39
  • If it can happen, it will happen to me.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 07:39:42 PM »
Welcome to the Den.
Good luck in your search.
These guys/gals here are great, you couldn't ask for a better community to be a part of.
When you find your SX/4 don't be afraid to introduce her & share pics, we LOVE pics here.

I am with Vangremlin, there seems to be an SX/4 bug going around and biting people cause they seem to be in demand right now... glad I got my dream sx when I did.
Lurker & unintentional thread killer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called Cynicism by those who have not got it.
I am not now at my least, rather my most; not reduced, rather at my most complete.
Yes, I stand before you now, naked, unhidden, uncamouflaged and unafraid.
As pure and true as a human being is able to be.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Eagle Groupie

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Allentown, PA
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 08:05:22 PM »
I am with Vangremlin, there seems to be an SX/4 bug going around and biting people cause they seem to be in demand right now... glad I got my dream sx when I did.

This is what happens when someone sees a picture of one... Well, one without too many parts missing, anyway. The SX/4 kind of reminds me of the Rally Fighter, except that has RWD for reasons I don't understand.

The new car market is devoid of subcompact AWD/4WD cars at the sane end of the price range. It was rare and enlightened times that such things were made.

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 08:12:58 PM »
Welcome (again) to the Den.   You are now a Denizen!
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline DownwardFlame

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 08:42:05 PM »

This is what happens when someone sees a picture of one... Well, one without too many parts missing, anyway. The SX/4 kind of reminds me of the Rally Fighter, except that has RWD for reasons I don't understand.

The new car market is devoid of subcompact AWD/4WD cars at the sane end of the price range. It was rare and enlightened times that such things were made.

Yeah, no kidding.... I paid 16k for my WRX in july...  And as I found out the hard way, AWD doesn't make up for lack of ground clearance   ::)
(had an incident on a snowy back road that involved getting high centered on a small rock berm)
-1970 Mustang Coupe
-1982 F-150 Stepside
-1980 Eagle Wagon
-1981 Sx4

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 09:34:21 PM »
Everyone wants an sx4, but there's only so many.  None ever seem to pop up, just the same ones pointed out over and over.  rollguys got one, one in Milwaukee, the one I was going for.  Not to many new finds out there.  Not to put the search down.  No way I'm giving up, and I hope everyone who wants one can get one.  You just may have to get creative.  Don't try to get one that's pristine, find one that's nice.  I'm coming to the conclusion that a bit of work is better than no car.  just don't go getting a project car if you expect something simple. (something I've been told a bit) 
I hope you find a nice one! :eagle:

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 12:02:40 AM »
Welcome
You are now a Denizen!
You come up with that IE? It could become catchy if I can figure out how to pronounce it.
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 12:16:14 AM »
haha, not sure if you know, but it's a real word.

Denizen may refer to:

An inhabitant of a place, or one who dwells in a place, whether local, regional or national.
A person with rights between those of a citizen and a resident alien
Free Negro, a non-slave black person in the United States, prior to the abolition of slavery

I find it clever nonetheless.  ;D

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 12:27:16 AM »
I just re read sheagle's post, and found where you got it from.  I didn't look up enough, where you did. silly me.

Offline Mr.Big515

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 07:57:14 AM »
Thanks for all of the warm welcomes im happy i decided to join  :) and in no way am i going to give up the search even if it takes a while  ;D  :eaglebig:
The one - The only - The AMC Eagle

Current Vehicles
1993 Ford Festiva
1995 Ford F-150
1988 Ford Thunderbird

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 11:00:18 AM »
Yup, I borrowed the clever name for us from one of our members.  I like it, kind of goes with our tough, but loveable reputations.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 09:01:31 AM »

hi      WELCOM TO THE DEN  ....hope you enjoy it as much as I do ........don

:amc:
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk