News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 16, 2024, 01:45:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Selling my lifted '86  (Read 9810 times)

Offline mick

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 46
Selling my lifted '86
« on: November 01, 2012, 12:55:24 PM »
I am looking to get rid of the wagon.  I just have way too many vehicles these days.  It is minus the engine, transmission and transfercase.  The Rubicon wheels and tires have less than 1,000mi on them.  This car has been everywhere and served as my daily driver for 4yrs.  It just turned 100,000mi a couple months ago.  The lift has worked flawlessly for over 50,000mi.  $2200 with wheels and tires or $1200 without.  If it doesn't sell the axles and lift are going under my black SX/4 and the body will be recycled.

ALMOST A Jeep THING...EVEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND

Offline DGeagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 13
  • Forget the Whales, Save the Eagles!!!
Re: Selling my lifted '86
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 02:46:34 PM »
What axles are under the car now? And your in Wyoming right?
87 Eagle Sedan--86 Eagle Sedan--98 XJ 4.6 stroker--81 Concord--78 Pacer V-8--74 Gremlin V-8- 78 Concord AMX V-8--89 Grand Wagoneers--76 J-10--69,70,71 AMX--71,73 Javelin--70 Rebel Machine, 48 Packard, 47 Nash, Many other AMC's, Fords, and Mopars....
Too Many cars too little time!!

Offline mick

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 46
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 05:37:28 AM »
They are a Cherokee Dana 30 front, and a Cherokee Chrysler 8.25 with disc's in the rear.  The rear has a Lock-Right locker in it as well.  3.55 ratio.  I am in Wyoming, Buffalo.

Offline mach1mustang351

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 20
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 09:50:25 PM »
I've been looking at this for a while.  Unfortunately the logistics of getting this to AK are a little tough for me.  And I think My lifted wagon would get jealous.  You want to meet half way??
Fleet:

1987 AMC Wagon 4.0L, 3" Body lift, AX15, NP242
1981 AMC SX4 Sport
1969 Mustang (A Mach 1 with a 351)
1973 GMC K2500
2007 Suzuki Vstrom

Offline overtonmike

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 03:47:56 PM »
Do you have any pics of the interior? I just lost my '84 Wagon in a crash yesterday and I'm looking to replace it. The engine and transmission were unharmed so I may try to buy it back from the insurance company for the drive train.
I am in Northern Utah so it wouldn't be too difficult to transport. This would be perfect, my Eagle is the same color and looks identical to yours, less the lift of course but I have been wanting to lift mine for some time.
thanks,
Michael

Offline mick

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 46
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 12:15:46 PM »
I'll have to take some.  It's leather, and the drivers seat is in pretty bad shape, but the rest is good.  Has the console with aftermarket gauges installed.  It's buried in snow at the moment, once it warms up a little bit I'll take some.

Offline overtonmike

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 05:24:07 PM »
Ya mine had a hammered drivers seat as well. does it have power windows? Well I guess I can wait for the pictures. I haven't heard from the insurance company yet on how much they are going to offer me for my car. I'm not too excited to battle with them on what it is really worth to me.

Offline mick

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 46
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 11:48:23 AM »
I hear ya on the fighting with insurance company...no fun.   It does have power windows, power locks and power drivers seat. 

Offline overtonmike

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 12:41:53 PM »
Ok Mick,
My battle with the insurance company turned out to be not much of a battle after all. Apparently NADA daily driver value for these cars is finally catching up to reality. I am getting my car back and am now looking to try to get your car to Utah for the engine tranny swap. I do have some questions about your car, specifically why did you decide to park it? Does it have any rust? IF so where? You said you put over 50,000 miles on it since the lift. What if any problems did you have? How did it handle? What did you like and what didn't you like about it? Did you have to have drive lines made to fit?  Do you still have them? Would you use this as a daily driver? If I decide to buy it without the Rubicon tires and wheels what wheels would you have for it? Too many questions I know but now that this is becoming closer to a reality for me I really want to know more about that car. How firm is your price? I'm still going to be short in cash due to the distance to travel to pick it up and then do the engine swap etc. so hopefully you are open to some price negotiations.

thanks,
Michael

Offline mick

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 46
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 11:37:04 AM »
Sorry it took me a while to respond.

There is absolutely no rust this car that I have found.  I parked it because I bought a Dodge Durango to serve as the family vehicle, and the 258 in my SX/4 was really tired, so I pulled the fuel injected 258 out of this wagon and installed it in the SX/4.

I had no problems with the lift what so ever.  It made countless trips across the midwest to Chicago.  A trip to Moab, a trip to Ouray Colorado, a trip to Wendover Utah for speed week and many more trips that I can't even remember.

The rear driveline is the stock wagon unit, and the front is a Grand Wagoneer front shaft if memory serves me right.  Yes I have them, and they are included.

Would I use it as a daily driver?  That's exactly what it was for the entire time I drove it.  It isn't just some trail only rig, it drives VERY well.

I'm sure I have some stock steel wheels with tires I could round up for ya.

Offline mick

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 46
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 11:53:37 AM »
Here are some other pics and videos.

In this pic you can the dent in the rear quater panel.  The dent was there when I bought it.  It could probably be pushed out from the spare tire area, I just never tried.

The Speed Week trip

The Ouray trip

Moab trip

Moab Video
http://youtu.be/gW4CXzh1WNM

Offline overtonmike

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 07:25:27 PM »
Mick,
I am wondering if you have sold the car yet? I decided to give up on the Eagles and junk the wrecked '84. The next morning driving to work I passed by a shop that repairs and sells old Saturn's. Sitting up on the pad for sale was an '83 wagon with 50,000 original miles in great shape. 6 hours later and $1,800 lighter I drove it home. Now I have the wrecked '84, the "new" '83 wagons and an '81 Kammback (that needs a bit of work). So much for giving up right! Well I have been wondering if I should keep the '83 as the original and get to work lifting the '84 but the more I investigate the more I think about just buying your '86 with all that awesome work already done to it and doing a full drive train transplant. I'm short on funds right now but I hope to have some play money soon and can't stop dreaming about the lifted '86. I might be able to pick it up this summer minus the new rims (if you still have some stock rims you could throw on it). Let me know. Love the picture of Jim sitting in it by the way. He will be missed.

Thank you
Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk