News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 22, 2024, 10:32:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: clutch not disengaging  (Read 1851 times)

Offline jspeez13

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
clutch not disengaging
« on: August 28, 2012, 08:26:07 PM »
i just put in a used sr4, new master, new slave.  the clutch doesnt seem to be disengaging fully.  i checked the obvious leaks loose bolts.. is it possible i got the wrong bore size master cylinder?  does anyone know how to check?  the new parts matched the ones that i replaced but that doesnt always mean they are the right ones.  any guesses?

Offline MortenB

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
Re: clutch not disengaging
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 03:07:13 AM »
Did you fix your problem?  I had a similar issue that turned out to be a bad hose connecting the cylinders.  It looked ok, but the rubber inside would collapse under pressure but not when bleeding.  See my other posts.

The master cylinder I bought, as well as the rebuild kit for my old cylinder were both different sized bores than original.  I can't feel any difference now after install.
1983 Eagle SX/4, 6cyl 5 speed
1970 Camaro (undergoing restoration)
1964 Lincoln Continental Convertible
1992 Chevrolet Blazer EV conversion; 100% ELECTRIC car, daily driver
1996 VW Golf Citistromer; 100% ELECTRIC car, daily driver

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk