News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 29, 2024, 08:23:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Greetings from Goatman302  (Read 17226 times)

Offline GoatMan302

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Re: Greetings from Goatman302
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2011, 12:17:03 AM »
The Eagle has gotten itself stuck in our swamp of a field, but not too deep. Are there any points to pay close attention to when I can get it out of the mud/water?

Offline shaggimo

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2011, 11:20:33 AM »
Depending on how deep it sank, may want to drain and refill your axles, clean and grease your front hubs the best you can. no worries otherwise, unless you sank upto the tcase and trans  :o, in that case fresh fluid for them too, lol. Give it a grease job at all fittings too  ;).
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline GoatMan302

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2012, 02:48:32 PM »
We did get the Eagle unstuck once the water drained away, there is a lot of gunk and surface rust on the front end of the car now. What we had to do was jack up the car, pace rocks and boards in the ruts and pull the Eagle out dead, as it refused to start.

Unfortunately, all work on the Eagle has ground to a halt due to the VA finding tumors. I have already had one surgery so far, with more likely within the next few months. With losing my job because of the tumor removal surgery (Wal-Mart threw a fit because I was not willing to reschedule the surgery because of their inability to schedule people right, they had me scheduled for work on my surgery day, despite my having submitted a leave of absence the month prior.), things are having to be put on hold.

Prafeston

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2012, 03:58:38 PM »
I might have a hatch available soon (I'll also have to double check it's condition as much of the vehicle is pretty beat up)...as well as some other things if you need them. Including a drivers side mirror. My hatch only has one useable hinge though. The left drivers side hinge.

I live in Rolla, MO and could take it as far as Kansas City...maybe farther if need be.

Offline TheWraith

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 12:51:08 PM »
Goodness GoatMan302, just read your thread and it sounds like you are having a heck of a time.  Shame you can't serve your country and retire in peace.  Hope all the in-law stuff works out to your favor, but how do you put a dollar figure on all the time and grief spent on dealing with the low lifes?  Best of luck to you with that.  And best of luck with the surgeries too.  I've had good and bad experiences with the VA.  Hope your experience is positive.

Boo on Wal-mart for treating you so poorly.  Consider contacting the news media.  I can see it now, "US Vet Fired From Wal-Mart For Having Tumor".  I so hate Wal-Mart.  Sorry if any of you work for Wal-Mart, but I just hate it.

Let us know how it goes with your Eagle and all.
I am what Willis was talking about.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk