News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• May 28, 2024, 10:39:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Square flange in front of the cat  (Read 3775 times)

Offline trout

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 13
Square flange in front of the cat
« on: July 24, 2012, 09:56:18 PM »
Anyone know a place where I can buy just the flange?
I see rockauto.com has a direct fit cat that already has it, but when I bought my wagon the previous owner was nice enough to include a universal cat and I'd like to avoid buying another one.
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon w/ 1988 258 and front axle, 727/NP-229 combo, Hurst shifter + twin sticks, and power bulge hood.

Online AMC of Houston

• The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn from history.
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 86
    • American Motors Club of Houston
Re: Square flange in front of the cat
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 10:22:29 PM »
I see Walker sells 2- and 3-bolt flange kits; but no 4-bolt version.   Have any mom & pop exhaust places near you??   Maybe they might have an old cat in the junk pile with the same flange you could cut off and use.   Or maybe get someone with a CNC machine to cut you one (probably expensive to do that tho).   I'm outta ideas......
George G.
'81 Eagle Sundancer
'85 Eagle Waggie
1960 1902 Rambler Replica
'64 American
'70 AMX (Big Bad Blue), '70 AMX (White)
'77 Gremlin
'78 Pacer Coupe, '78 Pacer Wagon
'79 Pacer Wagon
'73 Jensen Interceptor
'86 Audi 5000 Turbo
'98 Aston Martin DB7
'09 Nissan Titan
'10 Nissan Maxima

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 08:13:22 PM »
Jeep XJs use them. Check your local parts store or junkyard.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline EAGLEYE

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 11:55:01 PM »
what size is the uni cat?. cant you cut the flange off the front pipe and slide the uni cat over and clamp it?they sell adapters at the parts store

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 09:55:47 PM »
I have a stock converter that I just took off my eagle that is still laying on my garage floor with the rest of the exhaust system. If you want the flange off the converter I will cut it off and ship it to you for the price of the ride. If interested just let me know other wise its going to the scrap yard.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk