News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 26, 2024, 09:53:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Finally good pictures  (Read 3343 times)

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
Finally good pictures
« on: December 26, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »
So I am getting started on round 2 of getting the bird back on the road, but for now here are some pictures (better quality) of my bird. Hope you enjoy.

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline captspillane

• The Perkiomen Eagle Sanctuary
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 137
Re: Finally good pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 12:56:26 AM »
She's beautiful! I especially love the white Spirit turn signals and 1980 slat grill you've found for her. That's my all time favorite front combination. Are you going to put the brushgaurd back on like your profile pic has? If so the front of yours will be nearly identical to both of mine. My heart pitter patters at every SX4 with that combination and I hope you have it back on the road soon.

I have mixed feelings about the non-power bulge chrome trim on a power bulge hood, thats the first time I've ever seen that done. I didn't like it at first, but it actually seems to complement the slat grill well. My trim is black along with the red sport package, so I'm curious to try the wider hood trim in black on mine. You've got me thinking and coniving.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 12:59:17 AM by captspillane »
Currently Inspected and Insured as of Jan 2013:
-1985 Eagle Station Wagon 258 T5 Stickshift
-1980 Eagle Station Wagon 258 Auto Fuel-injected with GM TBI

Minor Repairs Underway:
-1982 Eagle SX4 258 T5
-1981 Kammback 2.5L Iron Duke T5

Restoration Efforts Near Completion:
-1982 SX4- 401 NV3550
-1983 SX4- 4.5 MPI NSG370 (6 Speed)

Restoration Efforts Underway:
-1985 SW- 4.0 MPI AX15
-1982 SX4- 4.0 AW4
-1981 SX4- SD33T NV4500 (Turbodiesel 5 speed)

Future Rescue Efforts- '85 Maroon SW, '87 Limited SW, '84 Limited SW, '87 4 door Sedan, '81 2 door Sedan, '88 White SW, '77 4 door Hornet, '74 2 door Hornet, '79 Spirit AMX, '81 Kammback.

RIP- Red '81 SX4, '84 4dr Sedan, '84 SW, '81 SW, '80 Spirit, '83 SW, '83 4dr Sedan

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 02:08:46 AM »
I love It....black on black is a smokin' hot color combo...Even those Jeep rims really look good on it!! Not to get of subject but when I clicked on the picture it brought up your photo album and there was a very cool looking sickle on there..It looked really old and Im a nut for old weapons and knives and stuff....just curious of its origions...You got alot of cool photos on there.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline Hawk258

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 03:01:58 AM »
The sickle is actually called a folding lohan, i have it posted on the knife forums, and there is some history to this, not sure the "personal" history of it, but it seems it come from the middle east and is an item marking the rite of passage of the tribe of origin. the personal history I know only goes back a few years, it was a gift to my uncle from a friend of his, he had gotten it at an estate sale and that is all that is known at the moment other than my uncle gave it to me as I too am a weapons nut, I have lots of blades in my home. anyway, If you pm me I will give you the info

and Capt, I do plan on getting a brushguard on it soon, As for how the spirit grille and trim made it on the eagle is that I broke the egg crate grill that was stock. so when I got the spirit I stripped her for all she was worth and used it on mine. I tried the black trim on it first but didn't like the looks of it as I didn't have the black headlight trim in the first place. so I went with the larger trim it also gives it a much more imposing appearance with the thicker chrome I think. I am going to post a "Want/Need" list and list the priority, I plan to have her on the road legally and able, just need a handful of parts to get her 100% anyway thanks for the comments and good wishes.

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit

Offline Hawk258

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 04:21:46 AM »
 Thanks Casper, I would ask if you happen to have a clutch fork lying around, and maybe a relay switch for the brake lights, the one that is on the brake peddle? Like I said, I need to post a wish/need list for the rebuild of the eagle, Need a handful of parts, like a front drive line, drivers side door handle and build a cable system for the front axle and transfer linkages. my next weekend I get over to Heppner. I will post updates for the interior, the front passenger side is find as is the rear, but the drivers side needs repaired replaced, LOVE the black interior. anyway, expect to have the engine out in 3 weeks or so, then I get the bell housing fixed, looking at a $50 bill for that.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:36:54 AM by Hawk258 »

1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk