News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 29, 2024, 08:27:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: my suspensions broke..... maybe an upgrade??  (Read 4594 times)

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
my suspensions broke..... maybe an upgrade??
« on: November 04, 2011, 01:28:26 PM »
ok so the right (pass) coil spring on bridgette (85 4 dr sedan) is broke so i either need to find one or figure out if there is an upgraded suspension system i can put on my bird (cheap) or maybe find a spring or front suspension off another vehicle that is close enough to make work???? might also consider a spring and a 1in spacer so i can run 16 in tires...... any thoughts on any of my rambling above?
mixed martial artist are like pit bulls. were highly trained and bred to protect our family, our property, and ourselves. But when someone rattles the cage and gets bit they aim to put us down like their stupidity is our fault. I am a cage fighter, does that mean i want to hurt you outside the cage? No. will i stand there and let you beat me because im trained to fight inside the cage? No. If you pick a fight i will defend my self, regardless of my training or your lack of. if you get hurt i may feel bad but in the end the fault is yours. If your to stupid not to start something you cant finish the i suggest you stay on the porch.

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: my suspensions broke..... maybe an upgrade??
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 01:33:31 PM »
New springs available.

Manitowoc WI

Offline big_iron

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 01:41:22 PM »
i wasnt sure if a parts store would carry them since so far my experience has been either its an old person who is amazed i know what an eagle is and cant find parts or a young kid who is convinced eagle talon is what i really mean and i really meant 95 not 85.
mixed martial artist are like pit bulls. were highly trained and bred to protect our family, our property, and ourselves. But when someone rattles the cage and gets bit they aim to put us down like their stupidity is our fault. I am a cage fighter, does that mean i want to hurt you outside the cage? No. will i stand there and let you beat me because im trained to fight inside the cage? No. If you pick a fight i will defend my self, regardless of my training or your lack of. if you get hurt i may feel bad but in the end the fault is yours. If your to stupid not to start something you cant finish the i suggest you stay on the porch.

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 02:01:13 PM »

Manitowoc WI

Offline Eagle1984

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 09:11:29 PM »
http://www.springsnthings.com/front-coil-springs
I used them about a year ago.
How have they held up, looking for replacements for the front coils, just got done replacing both rear leaf springs.

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 10:08:46 PM »
Its hard to say. Apears to have retained the height. Before i had the metal 1" spacers with just the springs its the same heightish.

Manitowoc WI

Offline jim

• Thumbs Up 102
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 12:12:35 AM »
What is the correct way to measure ride height?
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 12:44:40 PM »
Usually between the axle and frame. I measure from the ground to the wheel well opening to tell if there is any change before/after suspension work.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk