News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 09:25:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PLEASE PUSH BAR HELP  (Read 3572 times)

Offline james828

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
PLEASE PUSH BAR HELP
« on: October 16, 2011, 08:49:27 PM »
i was at the barn where my parents house there horses and i noticed an abandon car so i ran over to check it out. it is a bronco sport. it was to far gone on the inside due to rust but the pushbar and metal bumper are in great shape. there are even fog lights attached. so my dad wont talk to the owner of the barn because he doesn't think it will fit. this is what i know

pushbar
-its a smittybilt
-66in across the whole bumper
-the attach point are about 27 in across
-20 in tall
bumper
same dimensions as pushbar but 69in long. and about 4 in tall

please tell me it will fit i want it so bad.

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
Re: PLEASE PUSH BAR HELP
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 10:27:59 PM »
The dimensions don't tell me anything but with the proper fabrication anything can be made to fit.  Those things are no longer made to fit Eagles so anything you find will require some modification.
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline james828

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 11:15:49 PM »
yea sorry i only had a measuring tape with me at the time. im starting to think that its not a push bar that goes over the front bumper but a whole bumper its self. which sucks very much.

Offline Hawk258

• Theoretical Customizer with Dilutions of engineering greatness
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • With Great horsepower comes great FUN!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 03:21:19 PM »
If you really want a pushbar/brushguard You might want to check out a flatbed maker I know I have one fairly local by the name of Coil Flatbeds, but he builds some nice full bumpers not sure about brushguards, but considering he makes them part of the bumper I don't see why not. You might call around and see or Ask google. You would be surprised the amount of work you could save yourself.

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
other prior vehicles include:
1985 Dodge (OMNI) charger
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit
1982 AMC Eagle wagon (Was going to be parts car)

Offline james828

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 05:26:20 PM »
thanks ill look into it. just a real quick question whats the difference between a brush guard and a push bar?

Offline Hawk258

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 05:12:01 AM »
not much, but generally A "Push bar" is a bit heavier duty and capable of actual impact, a "Brush Guard" generally is just looks with "Minor" protection from "BRUSH" and lighter items.

Ingenuity through stupidity, Do something stupid and through Ingenuity you will find a way out of it.

1981 AMC Eagle (Currently in need of a bellhousing OR the project to iron it's self out)

1982 Subaru Brat White (Daily driver inheritence from mom ((Don't worry mom I won't break it))
1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit

Offline james828

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 08:39:54 AM »
thanks sadly i dont think the one i found would not work. oh well thanks for the help.

Offline Hawk258

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 02:56:25 PM »
Again this is one of those times where you might check out the thread for brush guards and grille guards that is on here, I am sure more than a few of the other members have fought these battles and may even have a few suggestions on which ones give the least amount of fight or look good enough that the fight was worth it.

on a side not... for some of the custom/restore jobs I think when we post the pictures, We need pictures of Ring girls for each round.

1979 Dodge Ram Charger
1985 Dodge Diplomate
1982 Subaru wagon
1980 AMC Spirit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk