News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 17, 2024, 12:54:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I'M BACK!! woo hoo!  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Roadmaster

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 21
I'M BACK!! woo hoo!
« on: December 26, 2011, 06:38:44 PM »
and guess what i snagged today?  yup!  i found me a nice '85 sedan with only 71k on it.  ;D
it has all 4 mud flaps, all the original hub caps and looks to be good to go.
here is the wording from the ad ....

"1985 AMC EAGLE WITH PICS - $1100
SUPER NICE EAGLE SEDAN. 4X4. NEW EXHAUST. NEW TIRES. CURRENT TUNE UP. LOOKS SUPER NICE. LOW MILES. NEW BATTERY. . RUNS GREAT.  HAS ALL SMOG ITEMS INTACT."

I wish i could get the pics to upload but its been so long since i was in photobucket, i forgot my password and it blocked me out (temporarily)
if any one want to see the pics i can email the whole ad.  its really nice.   it has the usual saggy headliner but the rest is in great shape.  no rust that i can see, and it was garage kept.  this guy bought if from an old lady and it was her husbands car.  it has the manual and everything with it too.    he fixed it up for his girlfriend who hated it and wouldn't be seen in such a beast lol!  BUT I WOULD! 
i don't have it home yet but it should be here by end of the week.   i never thought in a million years i would have an Eagle again, they are getting more and more scarce.
but never say never! 
its my 1st sedan though and my 1st "85.  anything i need to know about it?  any quirks?
its shift on the fly isn't it?

he said it will pass inspection and he is an inspection mechanic, so i hope thats true.
the last 2 vehicles i had inspected cost approx $500 to pass.  i don't want to go through that again!

anyways, i got it for $950.  i figured it was a great gift to myself for my 60th birthday coming up on the 3rd.
Woo Hoo!  i can't wait to drive it!

1985 Eagle Sedan
had an 86 Eagle wagon
had an 83 Eagle limited wagon
miss my Roadmaster Estate

Williamsport, PA

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 477
Re: I'M BACK!! woo hoo!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 07:41:42 PM »
Congratulations!
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
Re: I'M BACK!! woo hoo!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 07:47:36 PM »
Congradulations!! Theres ne feeling in the world like getting a new eagle. I cant wait to see it. What trim level does it have?
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk