News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 20, 2024, 07:03:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: trailor hitch  (Read 11271 times)

Offline jim

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 102
Re: trailor hitch
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 12:37:07 PM »
I have a home made hitch on my 83 wagon and a "sto-bought" receiver hitch on the 88 wagon.  I don't know whether the receiver hitch was OEM, but it came off another wagon.  I got it from Autumnglenn.  It has a Valley part number.
Here are some pictures.
http://forums.amceaglenest.com/index.php?topic=12852.0
I'm right 98% of the time, and I don't care about the other 3%.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people;
that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45
What part of "shall not be infringed" do they not understand?
08 Impala
01 Yukon 4X4
(There's more to life than fuel mileage)
83 Eagle wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
88 Eagle white woody wagon; shared responsibility as daily driver
86 wagon parts car
Click for Little Rock, AR Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline bigdog56e

• Thumbs Up 65
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 12:43:05 PM »
  MB,
        Was that hitch on an Eagle? It dosen't look like it would fit.
                                                                                          eddie

Offline Jurjen

• Thumbs Up 168
  • Dutch Eagle Preservation Front
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 01:44:04 PM »
Eddie, it looks like it might fit. The hole in the angle iron corresponds with a hole in the bottom of the Eagle frame rail.
I wonder how to get to the bolt in that goes into the frame rail.
Inside the frame rail is the support for the bumper running with about 1/4" clearance above the hole, so not much room for a nut.
Because the frame rail is a box section, it cannot be reached from the inside.
And on the driver side there is the exhaust..
I wonder what the Drawtite partnumber is, interesting for other Eaglers.

"sparrows fly in flocks, eagles fly alone"

Eagle Wagon Limited 1983, Citroen C-Crosser 2010, Triumph Bonneville 1969, Yamaha XJR1300 1999, Yamaha TX750 1973

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf0jpiW6tRI

Click for Leeuwarden, Netherlands Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline MetalBird

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
  • Up The Irons!!! \m/
    • Metal Bird Media Productions
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 03:20:43 PM »
It fits yes, but like Jurjen says, it may pose a challenge for me to bolt it in.
This is going on my '86 Sedan.  It came from a 1987 Eagle Wagon, I didnt pull it but the yard guys did there.  But yeah, the front holes line up with existing holes in the backing plate right behind the bumper and the other ones line up with holes in the frame... but the question is, how do I attach those ones now?  There is no access holes to slide a nut in the frame to tighten it up?
I am still cleaning it up now so havent really looked at the actual install part of it, just know it lines up.  ???
Can it just be welded on to the frame rail there?
1982 AMC Eagle Kammback
1986 AMC Eagle Sedan

Offline bigdog56e

• Thumbs Up 65
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 04:02:35 PM »

This is how I made my hitch. Used all gr.8 bolts. Length of 2"X2"x 3/16" tubing. The tubing bolts thru existing holes in body panel with four bolts. The pickup step bumper receiver bolts to tubing with two bolts, and to the flange behind bumper with two bolts.
All bolts are 1/2". I had to make two spacers to fit between the receiver and flange on bumper.
                                                                                                             Eddie

Offline carguy87

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 12:11:53 AM »
Someone posted a picture of a DRAW-TITE Class III Eagle reciever. Can I get the part number for that if you still have it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk