News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 04, 2024, 07:21:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Biggest Tire Size/Without Fender Flares...  (Read 9036 times)

khenders171

Biggest Tire Size/Without Fender Flares...
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
I Just Took Off My Fender Flares Hoping To Fit A Bigger Tire Under There Without Rub, Whats The Biggest Tire Size I Can Fit Under My  :eaglebig: Wagon Now Without Them Flares On? Kris

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 167
Re: Biggest Tire Size/Without Fender Flares...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 09:57:33 PM »
If you noticed when you took it off that the back lower edge in front gained you nothing. That's your answer. One of mine is also naked. Mine still rubs there.

Manitowoc WI

khenders171

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 02:34:46 PM »
O Alright, I Suppose It Just Looked Like I Had More Room. Thanks For Pointin That Out... Whats The Biggest Stock Size Tire That Came On Eagles?

Offline craigp29690

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 03:05:42 PM »
Stock was either a 195-75-15 or 205-75-15, can't remember exactly.  I'm runing 215-75-15 General Grabber AT2's without the flares right now.
1957 Nash Rambler
1964 Rambler Classic 770 2dr
1965 Rambler Classic Wagon              NON-AMC
1966 Rambler Classic Wagon              1981 MAZDA 626 (RWD)
1972 AMC Ambassador Wagon           1991 MAZDA MX5
1981 AMC Concord Wagon                1978 Dodge Magnum XE
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd        
1987 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd           Yes I have a few toys..........

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 03:14:19 PM »
            HI    Kris it depends on what year you have ...my 82 had P195 -80 R 15  option was P 215--65 R 15
                   84 I think was 205-75 R 15 I'm not help on that I just put back on what I take off ...........Don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 03:37:10 PM »
I don't have fender flares on my wagon, and I have Michelin LTX M/S they are 205's.  They are either light truck, or they are SUV tires.

They fit pretty good, and they are taller then the Passenger (regular car radial) 215's I took off (motormaster brand).

but the best way to get bigger tires on your eagle is to do the 2" lift.  better or more arched rear leafs, and then the extra washers for the front shocks.  Then I think you can get 235's on your eagle.  I'm not 100% sure.

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »
Shock extensions are better than washers.

Manitowoc WI

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 05:48:31 PM »
Shock extensions are better than washers.

I've only seen the 'washer' trick, but yeah, that would work.  Is there a post/write-up on the extensions that you know of?

Online mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 06:00:03 PM »
Maybe if not its simple. Go to store and buy them. Install them. Haha sorry you opened the door however.

Really all they are is a coupler that sits on the topside to extend said beasty. You could even go toa hardware. Store and "build" a couplertowhat you want.

Manitowoc WI

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk