News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 24, 2024, 09:10:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1984 eagle wagon  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
1984 eagle wagon
« on: September 12, 2015, 06:58:09 AM »
so i just recieved my 84 eagle wagon, bought off craigslist sight unseen and it is a complete rot bucket. the passenger side lower a-arm snapped wile on the flat bed. it drove up on to the flat bed on it's own so the drive train is good. the body is almost perfect,has all trim and fender flairs.drivers door sags bad but all others close solid.windshield is cracked but all other glass is good. many interior plastics are good and the cigeratte lighter still works. all the cloth is shot because it reakes like :censored:! i can't get that smell out of my nose! power door locks work. i will post pics from another device that i have them on. this is my first eagle and it is a crushing nightmare sitting in my mothers driveway so now at 44 i get to listen to her complain about my junk in the yard again! well, i have eagle wagon parts for sale. i will post in the for sale section also or you guys just tell me what to do. i will not give up,there is a 4 door 86 about 2 miles from me that i am going to go look at today!

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
Re: 1984 eagle wagon
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 07:38:03 AM »
if you are going to fix it up, good luck to you, if not, is the emissions stuff still there, if so, I would like to buy it. thanks, gz

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:35 AM »
i think so. i would like to see it all go to eagle owners in need. there are alought of good parts on her. i live on an island so i'll be taking orders and filling them once a week when i come back here.

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 01:13:24 PM »
ok so no screwing around today, just bought a 1986 4 door with 60.000 miles on it from a friend i haven't talked to in 15-20 years. had no idea it was him till he pulled up with it. has already had the motorcraft carb put on it but it is a little hesitant, i will figure that out. some new brake lines and a fule pump are on. still need to do the valve cover and the coil up grade. lucky thing is the interior is the same color as the wagon. having trouble posting pics because of file size and everyone loves pics so they are comming.from no eagles to 2 in the driveway,o-boy.

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 09:48:25 PM »
Eagles are better in a flock!

Congrats,

Best way to post pics is thru some,thing like photo bucket
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk