News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 06:13:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 14" wheels  (Read 3043 times)

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
14" wheels
« on: August 28, 2015, 09:09:32 AM »
I have a nice set of 14" AMC mag wheels. I have had them for years and would like to put them on my Kammback, they are 14" wheels

Im going to try them on this weekend and make sure they don't hit a caliper or anything but was wondering if anyone had tried this before.

I saw a post recently that someone had put turbocast II wheels on their SX4, the set of those I have on a spirit are 14" as well

Since I need tires anyway thought I would see if it works before I buy tires, I will let you know what happens
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline masternull

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
Re: 14" wheels
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 01:08:18 PM »
nice post a pic if they work

Offline Just4u2c

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 11:30:09 PM »
I pulled a set of turbocast ii off my spirit and put them on my sx/4...  they look great even with the smaller street tires on them..  I will be getting that thing into daily shape soon so I will be buying the bigger aggressive tires..
79 AMX 401 5speed
81 SX/4 still a project/winter driver
83 Spirit GT.... Still up in the air with what to do with it

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 08:50:48 PM »

I did some wheel switching today

First thing is the tires on the kammback are shot, really shot, and bald. So new tires were in the very near future.

I have this really nice set of amc mag wheels and thought I would see if they fit, first pic. They do clear the hubs and calipers but the offset it way further out than the eagle rims.

While I was thinking I happened to look at the other side of the shop and see my sons old spirit there with a nice set of turbocast wheels and brand new tires and thought to myself,  " hey, he doesn't even have and engine in that car, he's not using those"

The new wheels and tires made the car sit about 2" lower

So I put them on the kammy. The offset is still a lot wide, plus they are really fat tires so the stance is a lot different for sure. It rides and drives nice with them. It makes it look kinda mean....

I'm not a 100 percent sure I love it, but it saved me a lot of cash in the mean time, and I have always really liked the turbocast wheels. I will get some more pics tomorrow. It started raining.

What do y'all think? 

Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 09:16:45 PM »
Rear looks perfect, but the fronts stick out too far. Otherwise, I like the look.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 11:39:59 PM »
It would drive weird too because of the offset change.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 02:51:44 AM »
hi, the first picture, the forged Aluminum wheels, are some of the best looking wheels ever put on a factory car. AMC was actually ahead of the game with those.  I have a set on my 77 Hornet AMX, yellow, car looks GOOD! not a good choice for an Eagle though, IMO, an Eagle needs 15" wheels at least. good luck, gz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk