News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 07:38:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Interior panel paint removal  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
Interior panel paint removal
« on: June 03, 2015, 12:10:40 PM »
So I kind of screwed the pooch when I painted the panels inside the car...I didn't do it right and now the paint has all bubbled so I have to strip the paint from the panels.

What would be the easiest or most efficient way to do this without damaging the panels? I figure sandblasting would eat the plastic...soda blasting is supposed to be much easier on panels so that might work. I fear using paint stripper because it might eat the plastic.

Any tips on removing the paint?

Also, any tips on painting them properly?

Offline AMCLOVER258

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 4
Re: Interior panel paint removal
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 06:24:24 PM »
Spray paint? if so id get some kind of thinner and a rag, try to keep the rag as dry as possible... rub but not to hard, it will take a while but while work. Afterwards i would allow to dry, clean, dry and use the duplicolor vynyl die and use that as it is very hard to mess up.. hope the cleanup goes smooth!!

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
Re: Interior panel paint removal
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 01:56:33 PM »
Yeah, definitely need to do something to fix it. Problem is the paint needs to be exactly the right stuff...lot of heating and cooling here in the great white north. Paint likes to bubble.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk