News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• July 01, 2024, 04:34:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: front spring seats  (Read 4587 times)

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
front spring seats
« on: March 28, 2015, 02:52:31 AM »
hi replacing the bottom front spring seat bushing  has been one of the more frustrating things to do on an Eagle, (or any AMC). the bushings are hard to find, and a pita to install. for those who don't mind spending a couple of bucks, theres a guy in Arizona, at Arizona AMC that sells complete seat assemblies, blasted, powdercoated, and urethane loaded, with a grease fitting, for $245. a little less if you send him your old ones as a core. thanks gz

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: front spring seats
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 08:45:35 PM »
I got the bushings to do mine.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline ditdit

• Premium Member
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • dare to be different,own an AMC !
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 09:23:11 PM »
what was the part number & mfg  that you used and where did you get it

thanks
[email protected]
1988 Snow Eagle

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 11:03:47 PM »
Rare Parts 15151 is the common number. Napa sells them as  NCP 2671342 for $63 each (OUCH!)
Rock auto has ACDELCO Part # 45G8029 listed at $42 each ($32.30 each with Amazon Prime and free shipping over $36)
AMC number 88912535 is the original (according to Rockauto)
DURALAST by AutoZone FB619

The pair I got for $36 from Amazon.com on a close out was a fluke. Rare Parts 15151-2I53B (that's 2i53b) on the package.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 02:51:52 AM by carnuck »
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline ditdit

• Premium Member
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • dare to be different,own an AMC !
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 12:46:10 AM »
thanks for the part numbers but the one from auto zone duralast fb619 is wrong 

thanks again

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 06:05:31 PM »
I just checked again on http://autozone.com , and it shows the right part?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk