News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 17, 2024, 04:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Headlight gremlin fixed/ground wire pic  (Read 3011 times)

Offline GaryKanel

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 5
Headlight gremlin fixed/ground wire pic
« on: December 24, 2014, 04:11:30 PM »
Hi guys. I had some mean gremlins making my headlights cut out, eventually not working at all. Pull the switch, buzzer goes off, gauges peg out, etc.   After much research on this fine site I replaced the switch to no avail. Made sure battery and block to chassis grounds were good. Still nope. Read about the path the headlight ground takes to a mysterious place behind the brake booster somewhere. After much looking I discovered this ring terminal had broken. Finally found it and fixed it correctly. All problems stopped.

So if you are searching for answers on this seemingly common problem, please check that ground first. Might save tearing the dash apart like I did. I've attached a picture of whee mine was.

The information found on this site is far greater than the small donation it takes to keep it all going.

Just wanted to share and say thanks

Gary

Offline Seagulls n Eagle

• "Joy"/8.25 3.55 future 4.0/ax15/np242
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
Re: Headlight gremlin fixed/ground wire pic
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 06:45:54 PM »
Hi Gary! Our Paths cross again. You just saved me hours and hours of work and stress.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
"Whether you think you can or  think you can't ....
your right"
Henry Ford

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 04:49:25 PM »
Can't tell from the pic where it is?
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline GaryKanel

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 05:05:41 PM »
It's just behind the master cylinder favoring the passenger side. Hope it helps

Offline twoslowinwyo

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 03:18:31 PM »
I have the same problem with my daughters eagle. the lights will cut out when I hit some washboard bumps on my road . I have been trying to fix it for months! I will look at this to see if it fixes the problem, thanks for sharing!  LAZ
LAZ
1984 wagon
1984 wagon-daughters car
1985 wagon- parts car
1984 wagon-working on
1983 SX/4- working on
1974 matador- future vintage racer

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 07:07:06 AM »
If you`re looking at headlight issues, it might be the time to do the nice relay modification :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk