News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 29, 2024, 12:30:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: anybody work in a mopar shop?  (Read 2363 times)

Offline jpgreen

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
anybody work in a mopar shop?
« on: March 01, 2015, 06:40:19 PM »
So when I installed the nsg370 six speed in the woody, I bought the first tranny mount that popped up on rockauto, and built the crossmember to fit that. Its thick, and it makes the crossmember hang low. I have the capability to mill some material off the bottom of the case, but I was wondering about thinner mounts from other vehicles with the same tranny, I can build a new crossmember to fit. Liberty, crossfire, mercedes?

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: anybody work in a mopar shop?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 02:22:08 PM »
Try getting the crossmember that trans used in Jeeps and test fit it to the Eagle to see what you need to do. We had to section the Eagle crossmember to drop the center for an AW4 swap in SOTE.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline jpgreen

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 02:32:01 PM »
The drop in the center is my issue, it drops really low.

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 02:40:27 PM »
Is there room above the trans? Maybe space up the mount? Or is the tcase too low? Re-clocking will work for that.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline jpgreen

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 08:21:50 PM »
Bought a clocking ring but havent installed it, that was the point where my health failed. Clocking the case down Is only going to go up about 3/4 of an inch more no matter what, it just a big butt mount and a fat case. I just wondered if maybe there was a thinner version on a crossfire, it would be worth remaking tbe crossmember.

Offline carnuck

• Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 01:50:59 PM »
I guess I would ding the floor up where the tcase is or wherever it's too close to the floor. Max98059 cut the floor open in SOTE to do the 4x4 conversion (only part of that was needed)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk