News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 29, 2024, 10:25:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kick down linkage gone  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
Kick down linkage gone
« on: September 28, 2015, 05:27:33 PM »
So I just went to adjust my linkage and it's not there. I have driven the car about 100 miles and don't know how much the po drove it(he has a few cars) I think I can get one off my wagon, if not does anyone have one? Does it connect to the bottom of the throttle linkage then go to the top of the trans on the drivers side middle of the pan? How screwed am I with the trans?

Offline eaglebeek

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 70
Re: Kick down linkage gone
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 09:23:37 PM »
The kickdown linkage absolutely must be in place, properly adjusted and properly functioning. Without it you risk burning up your transmission. >:D

I may have one in my parts car. Let me know if you need it. :eagle:
1984 Eagle Wagon, 258, auto, 2.73 gears, daily driver
1983 Eagle Limited Wagon, parts; sold
2000 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0, auto
2007 Hyundai Accent, radical downsize from minivan, wife's car and she loves it!

"The society which scorns excellence in plumbing as a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy: neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water."--John W. Gardner, in "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" (1961)

Air-conditioning is so cool!

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 06:45:28 AM »
Can you or someone post a pic of it so I can make one. Or epedia the diagram? Every time I look closer at this thing I find more wrong. Just noticed my drivers side coil spring is snapped in 2 pieces.

Offline Sandeagle

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • 86 sedan 84 wagon
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 07:09:44 AM »
Never mind I found it in epedia. So my thoughts were right. I am in 3rd gear at 25 mph. With no throttle pressure input from the motor side the govener at the speedo gear is aloud to run wild and shift like crazy.

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 10:22:32 AM »
All I have for you is the wire loop on the top end.  It's rusty but intact if you need that piece.
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk