News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 26, 2024, 05:07:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tire size, because there's just not enough post about it  (Read 2455 times)

Offline dowditjr

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
Tire size, because there's just not enough post about it
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:23:39 AM »
Ok so i know you can fit 235's on an eagle with trimming the flares. That's what i have on the silver bullet. On my other eagle though I need to get new tires and rims. I want to get -19mm offset rims, and i put a 2 inch lift on it. I'll probably get BFG A/T. So my question is whats the biggest tires i can fit without rub and without having to cut the fender flares with a 2inch lift and -19mm 15 inch rims?
1990 PONTIAC 6000 LE WAGON- DECEASED :'(
1985 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON
1986 CHEVY K10 SCOTTSDALE
1992 CHRYSLER LEBARON
1995 CHEVY CAMARO

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Tire size, because there's just not enough post about it
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 01:36:20 PM »
225 or 235/75s because bigger tires need a bigger opening for when you steer. Cam Brown's wagon was fit with 33/9.50/15s by carving out the rear fenders (removing the flares) and using the Hornet fenders I sold him in the front without flares.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline dowditjr

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 02:26:20 PM »
So lifting it 2inces didnt actually help me get far lol bummer. oh well
1990 PONTIAC 6000 LE WAGON- DECEASED :'(
1985 AMC EAGLE LIMITED WAGON
1986 CHEVY K10 SCOTTSDALE
1992 CHRYSLER LEBARON
1995 CHEVY CAMARO

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 02:44:34 PM »
The opening is the biggest problem unless you go way up.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk