News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 17, 2024, 08:44:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: rarity??  (Read 4716 times)

Offline holliscagle

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • I'm 16 from Texas play sports and have a 1980 seda
rarity??
« on: August 04, 2014, 12:36:59 AM »
Guys I'm just curios I am 16 and received an eagle as my first car I'm curios as to how rare a 1980 amc eagle sedan all original parts running worth. And about how many are left? It was my grandfather's car and he kept it in his cabin in "eagles nest new mexico" I know ironic! But he gave it to me and it sat in a garage we just put gas in and it runs great! How rare would it be?

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
Re: rarity??
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 01:16:01 AM »
If it is a 2 door sedan, it is probably worth more than a 4 door (more desirable).  I had one years ago, but I sold it at a time when they were somewhat common.  A photo or 2 of it would be great.....Rich
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline holliscagle

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • I'm 16 from Texas play sports and have a 1980 seda
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 05:12:20 PM »
Thanks guys it's more sentimental than price for me. But like how many are left on the road???
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:01:15 AM by holliscagle »

Offline IRON HORSE

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 47
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 08:42:41 PM »
    Greetings,
     The fact it's origional is always good if you plan on restoring a car, but Eagles never really seemed to be collector cars. Their owners uasally die-hard AMC lovers, like me, just want to keep examples of cars that AMC built on the road so younger people can see them. Price wise I would say $2,000 to $4,000 for 1980 in very nice shape. Of course I have not seen the car and that is my best guess, could get more from someone interested in it. The fact it was your grandfathers, and now you have it, is cool ... I'd maintain it and drive it, could easily go several hundred thousand miles.  You will find alot of info on this site and people to help too .....
                                                                                                                                                 Regards,IRONHORSE :o
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:45:21 PM by IRON HORSE »

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 02:46:01 AM »
I had a 4 dr sedan that turned out to be a parts rig due to screwing around with paperwork by the PO (he had a loan against it that they wouldn't release)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • Thumbs Up 209
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 10:57:48 AM »
Rarity and scarcity does not always equal valuable. Absolutely pristine low mileage garage queens have sold in the $5,000-7,000 range, but those are unique situations. Most Eagles sell in the 1,000-3,000 range. One of the reasons I got into Eagles is that they are affordable.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline Nightpath

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 17
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 10:05:58 AM »
For a 2 door nice condition Sedan I'd fork $2000-2500 over for if it's mileage wasn't too high.

It'd be pretty rockin to have one, put in a newer 4.0 and stroke it ;)

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 10:52:55 AM »
If you can find a rusted out Eagle and a good condition '79+ (look at the front for the extra holes for the Eagle suspension to hang from) 2 dr, then it's pretty easy to convert. If I hadn't gotten sick, my next project would have been a '79 AMX I found here with a blown motor but nice condition body.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 11:16:23 PM »
This graph will help show you the production numbers for all makes and years. Gives a pretty good estimate on the rarity of your car from the get go. Then think about all the ones wrecked, parted, send to the junker, driven to death in a field, etc etc! :)

1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline 4x4jollyr

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 08:39:21 AM »
I go to Taos, NM a couple times a year. Nice country. If you need help or want to sell er, let me know. Good Luck.

Offline amcfool1

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 31
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 03:17:22 AM »
hi basically, there are only a couple of thousand of them left, so enjoy what you have. It will most certainly not make you rich, but you will have fun! gz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk