News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 29, 2024, 12:22:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New to me eagle owner in ohio  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Plink

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
New to me eagle owner in ohio
« on: November 19, 2013, 09:59:47 PM »
Hi everyone.  I bought my first eagle about 2 months ago.  :hello2: It's an 88 wagon with 64,000 miles on it. It's a pretty solid can for spending its entire previous life in pa.  Had some mechanical issues that I've been working on straighting out. I've installed a motorcraft carb and HEI distributor to get it running better (still needs some fine tuning though) and the suspension was shot with blown shocks and broken springs that a new set of Kyb shocks all around, javelin springs up front and air bags in the rear took care of along with a new cv axle and balljoints. I bought new rear leaf springs too but don't really need them now with the air bags but may change them in the future if I ever get around to swapping in the 3.55 geared axles I picked up.  And I'm going to put a set of 235/75r/15's on it here in the next few weeks. 

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 477
Re: New to me eagle owner in ohio
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 10:02:13 PM »
Glad to have you here Plink.  It sounds like you know your away around cars.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 10:08:11 PM »
Yep, you've done some of the much needed updating in the suspension area! Sounds like with the low miles though you shouldn't have to do much to the exterior or interior. And hopefully there is plenty left in the engine!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 08:35:05 AM »
Well then, Welcome to the Eagles Den. Glad your here and what part of Ohio?
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline Plink

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 12:43:18 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes.  I'm kinda a car addict. I've had over 30 cars/trucks in my 17 years of driving and have learned a lot from working on them.  Currently I just have the 88 eagle and a 12 jeep wrangler rubicon.  As far as the condition of my eagle the paint is faded and it has a few dings here and there but I think it gives it a nice look.  The interior is really nice minus the sagging headliner and one small tear in the driver seat.  Other things I've done are replaced a broken taillight, replaced all the headlight adjusting screws and the driver side headlight mounting bezel, replaced the pass rear door window, eliminated all the emissions stuff and cleaned up under the hood.  Future plans include replacing all the steering joints and all the suspension bushings, rear leaf springs and 3.55 geared axles, full length roof basket, building a grill guard/push bar (already made a pattern outta cardboard) and some light weight skids underneath.   And I'm in portage county ohio and my names Tony.  If anyone is ever in the area and wants to chat about/check out these awesome cars feel free to call or message me (330)646-8707

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 01:35:08 PM »
Let's see some pics of your ride...progress...projects!

Eaglefreek has built some nice bumpers for his Eagle you should check out his threads here.

Rear Bumper Build
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=35492.0

Front Bumper Build
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=37383.0
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:59:15 PM by Prafeston »
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline drock87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 01:55:47 PM »
Hey Tony; I shot you a text! I live in Akron! We oughta meet up sometime; we can't be more than a half hour away I'm guessing!
My list of my cars/toys (or toys at my disposal!)

1985 AMC Eagle Sportwagon
2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic
1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2016 Triumph Bonneville
 1962 Cruisers Inc Mahogany Outboard

I like to to tell people my Eagle is like a Ferrari. It's quirky, tempermental, border-line exotic, and something you don't see everyday.  See? Makes perfect sense....

Click for Akron, Ohio Forecast" height="90" width="160

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 01:30:05 AM »

HI    better late than never ....Welcome to the DEN ....there is good people here ....enjoy ....don
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk