News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 29, 2024, 06:33:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: newbie checkin in  (Read 2311 times)

Offline 4x4jollyr

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
newbie checkin in
« on: March 28, 2014, 12:48:43 AM »
Hi everybody. Really great forum that I expect will be priceless for working on my 81 SW. Bought it last summer and drove it daily thru this Michigan winter.The wife got stuck 3 times in her 2012 Explorer in our uphill, never plowed driveway. I told her she could borrow the Eagle and it wouldn't be an issue. It was a blast barreling thru all the snow this year. Almost hoping for a repeat.
Does anyone know what is the mpg difference between 2WD and 4WD in their Eagle?
Thanks for the help, past and surely the future. Gerry

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: newbie checkin in
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 01:48:06 AM »
Welcome Gerry!

There are a few others in the Michigan area. You should sign up on the SOAR and get on the Eagle Database. Sounds the the Eagle is doing it's job well!

I'm not sure of the difference in 4wd. When I had my Eagle I ran it in 2wd all the time. best I ever got was like 22mpg HWY in my 4.2 Auto Wagon.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 216
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 09:05:32 AM »
Welcome to the Den!  Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your Eagle this winter.  We'd love to see pictures of it.

From most member's experience, the difference in MPG in 2WD vs 4WD is very small.  A lot of members, including myself, choose to keep them in 4WD all the time.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 11:26:06 AM »
Welcome, Gerry.   About 1 -2 mpg.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline 4x4jollyr

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 12:58:01 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes. Hope to get some pics posted soon.

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 09:55:48 AM »
            HI    Gerry Welcome to the den ....I will call the local sos Monday and find out about what we talked about ...
                    are you still having fun in fun town ....what part of MI are you located ..........don
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:09:23 AM by teneagle »
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

Offline 4x4jollyr

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 09:59:30 AM »
Hi Don

Right now we're lost in the Rockies, but i"m about hour west of D-town. Supposed to be 60 for the Tigers opener, I hear. I'll PM you later when more time.

Offline doneagle

• A.M.C. EAGLES ARE EXSITEMENT
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 29
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 03:31:26 PM »

HI     OK    later..........don

:eaglebig:
HI.....A BAD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK ...A GOOD DAY WITH YOUR EAGLE IS PRICELESS

There are Eagles lovers and there are the uneducated and the best we can do
with them is try to EDUCATED them on the virtues of the BEUTEFULL cars that we drive   ...................don

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk