News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 05:52:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: amc optional buying guide  (Read 5684 times)

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
amc optional buying guide
« on: December 20, 2013, 01:31:06 PM »
I don't remember where but I saw a guide for optional parts, like amc mud flaps, roof rack, and whatnot.  i don't know if it had tires and stuff on it, but I can't find it, and I was wondering wonder if anyone has pictures of it.  Or a rim/ hubcap guide?  The one  im looking at had some hubcaps I've never seen on it.  If anyone has pics or information that would be great!

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
Re: amc optional buying guide
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 05:35:58 PM »
After a bit of searching, I found one on the eaglepedia or whatever.. Said its an 1981 I think, but relevant to all years? I was looking for hubcaps that are on the eagle I'm looking to buy. Couldn't find them but I don't know if that's because it's an 82, not earlier.  Of course they could just be off something else. They look good though.   
edit:  they look like this:

are they not from an eagle? i dont think so but they look nice
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:56:43 PM by youngkyle »

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 06:21:21 PM »
Two covers for '82 Eagles.  Full metal  disc for base SX/4's and Kammbacks and; the mostly plastic styled wheel covers for all other Eagles.  Then there the 5 spoke aluminum wheels.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 01:56:39 AM »
Yeah, those aren't stock hubcaps. Never seen those before...whatever they came from!
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 09:37:40 AM »
Look like those inexpensive after market one that Wal Mart and others had.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 10:42:03 AM »
They look like a GM design to me, but they look like an aftermarket hubcap as well
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 11:24:46 AM »
Yeah I was pretty sure they were some non eagle ones, but I'm fine with them for now because they do look nice with the chrome that's still on there.  I saw (i think it was yours, iowaeagle) with the painted centers on the sx4 hubcaps. I like that look alot, so i may find some of them. 

Completely off topic but i think in one of the pictures i spy a sunroof.  Can't tell for sure till a week or so till i get it, but everytime i look at my pictures (like every minute! Why do i have to wait?!?  :'(  ) I find something that makes me so happy. Geez its like its Christmas or something.  I realized its gonna be a great way to to start the new year! Lol

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 11:39:34 AM »
Yes, probably mine.  I painted the entire cover black including the center insert and then hand painted the 4"s in the center caps red to match the rest of the red trim on the car.

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 01:31:53 PM »
Yeah  I was thinking about doing something like that, or just a fresh coat, because they usually look pretty worn down around here.   

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 04:45:39 PM »
I had those on my travel trailer (can't find the pic right now)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 05:33:09 PM »
Hmm I swear I just saw these hubcaps on a vehicle recently. Funny thing is when I saw them I though, "Those look like the ones on youngkyle's car." But then I saw that they just had 4 "lugs" and thought I guess they aren't so I didn't bother remembering what vehicle it was...now I see these pics again and see they do just have 4 "lugs" :) haha maybe I'll see it again sometime. The only car I remember seeing recently that sticks out in my mind was a Datsun pickup truck...but I don't think it was on that..

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 01:09:04 AM »
Hmm I swear I just saw these hubcaps on a vehicle recently. Funny thing is when I saw them I though, "Those look like the ones on youngkyle's car." But then I saw that they just had 4 "lugs" and thought I guess they aren't so I didn't bother remembering what vehicle it was...now I see these pics again and see they do just have 4 "lugs" :) haha maybe I'll see it again sometime. The only car I remember seeing recently that sticks out in my mind was a Datsun pickup truck...but I don't think it was on that..
  silly thing to get all giddy about, but i couldn't stop smiling..  youngkyle's car   it will be a week or so still but god i cant stop thinking about it.    didn't even realize it was so close to Christmas, because its all i can think about.  i drove down to see the parts sx4 nearby,  because i want to use it for the hubcaps and gauge console, and it was gone! nearly had a heart attack! i emailed them and its still available, much to my relief.  My sister seems to think eagles aren't a beauty, but a beast.  showed her the maroon, and apparently she likes this one!

Offline youngkyle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 10:49:29 AM »
just browsing some pictures of daytonas/lasers and look what I found.
http://www.turbododge.com/forums/attachments/exterior/33887d1270418196-official-chrysler-laser-thread-drivers-side.jpg
they seem to show up everywhere now. 

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 01:33:01 PM »
The hubcaps are similar!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk