News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 11:29:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: louvers  (Read 2181 times)

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
louvers
« on: November 18, 2013, 11:56:00 PM »
I've always had a thing for cars with louvers, (like the dodge aspen r/t in the ruffles commercial) and as much as I don't think they would look right on a brown sx4, I was wondering if anyone had any or knew where to get them. Or even how to install them. 

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
Re: louvers
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:02:11 AM »
Pretty much you have to buy the car with them. It's rare to see them sold separately. But captspillane is currently working on making replicas out of metal. There is a thread on here with him talking about it.
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline Mernsy

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 13
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:04:14 AM »

Offline youngkyle

• certified license to ill.
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • 1987 Dodge Daytona
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 10:44:49 AM »
Thanks man! Sucks I have to make it, I don't have the means or the know how, but it's something that would be neat to try.   

Offline Prafeston

• I <3 Wheels
  • Global Moderator
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 55
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 11:23:12 AM »
Like I mentioned capt. is planning on making and selling them and I think he's getting close to the point of this being a reality.

Here is the thread that the wiki article got it's info from.
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=38314.msg310222#msg310222

And here is a thread where he talks about the pricing a bit.
http://forums.amceaglesden.com/index.php?topic=17973.135

There is also another guy on the AMC EVO forum that has started making replicas. They sound a bit pricey and I've still yet to see pics, but it's nice to know there are people out there working on it!
http://forums.amcevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1217&hilit=louvers&start=0
1983 AMC Eagle SX/4 - Penny

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 03:08:48 AM »
He has to find a new place to live before he can consider making anymore.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk