News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 26, 2024, 06:41:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AMC Eagle New Member  (Read 2145 times)

Offline EagleFam

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
AMC Eagle New Member
« on: November 29, 2013, 07:22:58 PM »
Hi Eagle Friends,

I recently found this site and signed up.

I have a passion for AMC's going way back to the days of my fathers Hudson Hornet with the big I-6 and H carb set-up. I've owned several AMC's over the years and am now looking for a good deal on a SX/4 in the southwest. It doesn't even have to run. My wife and I want to rebuild the entire car anyway with new everything with black paint with gold trim.

I drag raced AMC's in the early 1970's at Beeline Dragway in Phoenix, AZ. I ordered my 2nd Gremlin back then from Randall AMC in Mesa, AZ who modified it in their dealership with a 401 set on kill, a rear end to handle it all and traction bars. I built the roll cage. I loved that car like a mistress. I also raced Midgets and Late Model Stocks at Manzanita and PIR. Those were some of the best times in life. I have some old photos around here saved to a cd of those racing days.  I'm retired now and we just enjoy time working on our AMC's. I'm not saying I'm an old :censored: but when I :censored: I :censored: dust.

My wife and I are almost finished rebuilding our '83 Eagle Wagon. Just a little more welding on the dual exhaust we built up and a few minor adjustments as always when first starting up a new engine for it's first time.

Her and I are also building up a hotrod --- a look-alike of a 1920's Rambler with today's creature comforts for a smooth ride on the open road. We built up a 304 and a Torqueflite attached to a Ford independent rear end for this one.

Thanks for having this website available. I look forward to learning from you guys and offering what ever I can.

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Re: AMC Eagle New Member
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 07:48:34 PM »
Welcome and good luck with your search for an Eagle.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 08:35:20 PM »
Welcome to the Den .  Good to hear you found us.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 08:44:05 PM »
Again, welcome to the Den.  I have 2 project Eagles for sale. One SX4, and the other a 4 door sedan. PM sent.....Rich
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 213
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »
Welcome to the Den!  It would be great to see some pictures of your Eagle the hot rod project!
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Baby Eagle

Re: AMC Eagle New Members
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 11:45:52 PM »
Welcome to the Den, we home you find this to be a great place to hang your hats and get some good info and chat, we hope you enjoy our home witch is now your home.
Paula

Offline 1985amceagle

• Global Moderator
  • Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 18
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 11:59:16 PM »
Welcome to the den!
1985 Eagle Wagon

Offline mudkicker715

• Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 167
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 01:22:54 AM »
welcome

Manitowoc WI

Offline EagleFam

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 6
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 11:07:08 AM »
Thank all of you for the warm welcome to the AMC Eagle Den. It's great to find so many folks who are interested in Eagles.

I like the friendly personallity of this forum and the wealth of knowledge of the AMC Eagle on the forums here.

Personally I've always thought AMC/Nash/Rambler was way ahead of their time. My father with his very fast Hudson Hornet Twin H thought so too.
For example, the 1913 Nash Jeffrey Quad truck with 4 wheel drive and 4 wheel steering. Nash overhead valve engines in 1917. The 1967 AMC Amatron electric concept car  and the 1977 Electron. Hudson Hornet and it's impressive history. The early 1950's Nash-Healey. In 1957 the only American made car quicker than the 1957 Rambler Rebel with the 327 was the fuel injected 283 Corvette. Then Daytona Beach, Le Mans, NASCAR and the Indy 500.

I like to make comparisons with AMC's to other cars and SUVs manufactured later on to see how they borrowed AMC shapes, colors, 4x4 and AWD systems and so on. So many of today's designs and ideas can be traced back to AMC.

I better stop this here on this Hatchlings thread. I just get carried away sometimes on the subject of AMC.  ;)

I really appreciate this forum.

Thank you all again

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 11:29:59 AM »
Glad to have you here.  We are also working on refreshing the AMC Heritage Forum for those folks interested in AMC and all of its predecessor companies.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk