News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 28, 2024, 08:16:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Baby got some NEW shoes  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
Baby got some NEW shoes
« on: February 15, 2013, 10:38:47 PM »
Scored a deal on some new wheels, well new to me and the Eagle. 2002 Wrangler Wheels off a fresh wreak, right place right time. Had to get some new tires too as two of them were bald and the other two had dry rotted, oh well I got ten years and 70K miles out of them

Ordered some wheel spacers off a big auction site so I can put the center caps on the back ones.

All these years I never noticed the rear wheels being set in farther than the front ones, till I got to hangin around this site and yall told me about it, now it really bugs me......

Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Re: Baby got some NEW shoes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 10:47:58 PM »
Looks great, Rob. Hopefully, there won't be any blizzards coming through. You would't be able to find your car if did snow bad.  ;D
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Online vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 216
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 10:54:27 PM »
Looks great!  And I really like the spacers I added to my Eagle.
1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline Amc1320

• Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 48
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 11:19:32 PM »
Dave, glad you like yours, I read your post and ordered the same ones as you did!!

Rick, now that its running I'm really hoing for some snow! But as you know its pretty rare here in our parts, but maybe, just a little!
Rob c
84 Eagle Limited Wagon (driven everyday)
81 Eagle Kammback
81 Spirit (undergoing surgery)
83 Spirit (parts car giving it all to keep the rest going)
Manchester, TN

Offline eagleman

• Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 35
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 09:04:09 AM »
Now thats sweeter than a bowl of candy.
Turkeys walk.Eagles fly!!!

Offline txjeeptx

• shop rag
  • Eagle Sundaancer
  • Thumbs Up 68
  • You've been Outlaw'd
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 01:13:10 AM »
That is sweet! Spacers are the ticket for our Eagles' rear axle, and were still needed on mine even after the ZJ D35 swap to make the track look right. I used 1.25" spacers.

Just be sure to install the spacers with some blue locktite, NOT the red, Blue. And pull the wheels after a little bit of driving just to check that the spacers are torqued up well. I've had one come loose on me on another vehicle(my FSJ Cherokee) and it sheared off one of the spacers' studs before I could figure out what that weird driveline vibration was coming from(thought it was a driveshaft vibe), and the stud proved to be very difficult to find(had to track down the seller and ask for one, it wasn't a standard parts-store part, and I gave up and bought some wider spacers during the search, incidentally from the same seller as the originals, leaving me with a busted wheel spacer up on the Wall of Shame, still never ordered another stud). The FSJ is a widetrack '79 Cherokee, but it wasn't wide-enough tracked for me - now its +4" wider front and rear. Had 1" spacers(+2" track width) on it when the one came loose. It was a front spacer that loosened, and I caught it in time to prevent any real death or destruction. I know, everyone's gonna give me trouble for using spacers on a front axle, but properly tightened, they're just as strong as a bolted up wheel. And it looks so good.
'82 Eagle SX/4 "Golden Eagle", '89 YJ 2.5L '93 MPI-converted rock-crawler, '79 Jeep Cherokee Golden Eagle "FSJ", 'o7 F150 Supercrew FX/4 daily driver

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk