News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• July 02, 2024, 10:01:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New to the site  (Read 1942 times)

Offline PDXAmC

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 1
New to the site
« on: December 26, 2012, 01:57:22 PM »
Bought our 1982 SX4 in Spokane and brought it back to Portland. Drove it around for awhile until I realized the valve cover needed replacing. Saved up some funds to get it back up to snuff anyone have any recommendations on shops to take it to, anywhere between Kelso and Salem is doable.

Offline eaglefreek

• Moderators
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 209
Re: New to the site
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 02:50:42 PM »
Welcome, to the Nest. There are a few members up your way that may be able to help or direct you to the right place. If not look for a place that works on older Jeeps.
1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear.
1981 AMC Eagle Wagon As Seen On TV  Lost In Transmission

"I know he'd be a poorer man, if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky mountain high"  John Denver
Click for Fayetteville,TN Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

Offline drock87

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 11
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 03:54:33 PM »
Welcome to the Nest.  What I have found, in addition to what Eaglefreek said, is that having three or four different mechanics for different things can be very helpful.  I have a general, full service mechanic that sort of does everything, but also a carb/tuneup guy, an exhaust guy, and a radiator/HVAC guy.  Very useful so that you should be able to just make a phone call.  What I have found is once you find a good mechanic for something (say...exhaust), he'll know the best guys in town for everything else.
My list of my cars/toys (or toys at my disposal!)

1985 AMC Eagle Sportwagon
2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic
1993 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2016 Triumph Bonneville
 1962 Cruisers Inc Mahogany Outboard

I like to to tell people my Eagle is like a Ferrari. It's quirky, tempermental, border-line exotic, and something you don't see everyday.  See? Makes perfect sense....

Click for Akron, Ohio Forecast" height="90" width="160

beej8508

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 07:09:04 PM »
Bought our 1982 SX4 in Spokane and brought it back to Portland. Drove it around for awhile until I realized the valve cover needed replacing. Saved up some funds to get it back up to snuff anyone have any recommendations on shops to take it to, anywhere between Kelso and Salem is doable.

Hello PDXAMC...

I am glad to hear that you still have it!  I hope that besides the leaking valve cover, it has been a good car for you!  
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:45:20 PM by beej8508 »

Offline Euphonical

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 3
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 12:03:19 PM »
WELCOME! Sorry I'm slow on the uptake LOL

Is that the same SX4 that was listed on CL, the red one? BaldEagle and I had been eyeing that one for a while but bought a different one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk