News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 23, 2024, 03:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any of your guys using an air fuel mixture gauge?  (Read 6737 times)

Offline shaggimo

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 90
  • When "6" just won't do.......
Re: Any of your guys using an air fuel mixture gauge?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 10:56:18 AM »
That AEM is pretty reasonable compared to some I've seen  :occasion14: .
88 xj cherokee- ((4)(4))2
81 malibu 4dr- Identity Crisis
81 SX4- gf's
84 Eagle 4dr sedan- it followed me home... ::)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Oldsmoletic
CNY

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 09:50:23 PM »
Shanebo, you've got an 81, correct?  So it didn't come with an O2 sensor and you'll have to add one, and there probably isn't a spot on the exhaust for it.  It's probably not too hard to add, but beyond my capability!

Its an early 81, but that won't be a problem, Ive got plenty of rust holes in my exhaust i can tap right into...Heck the exhaust fumes leaking into the interior alone would probably be sufficient to make it work, ill  just hang the sensor over the rear view mirror and call it a day    :drunk: :faint:  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:57:56 PM by shanebo »
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 12
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 10:12:50 PM »
Shanebo, you've got an 81, correct?  So it didn't come with an O2 sensor and you'll have to add one, and there probably isn't a spot on the exhaust for it.  It's probably not too hard to add, but beyond my capability!

Its an early 81, but that won't be a problem, Ive got plenty of rust holes in my exhaust i can tap right into...Heck the exhaust fumes leaking into the interior alone would probably be sufficient to make it work, ill  just hang the sensor over the rear view mirror and call it a day    :drunk: :faint:  :rotfl:
My exhaust is the same way. Why when it was suggested that the cat is clogged I laughed so hard.
'81 Kammback
'81 SX/4(Parts)

Offline greymarooneightytwo

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 10:42:08 PM »
I just finished with the gronk kit last weekend, and dropped most of my exhaust pipe around the same time. I've been driving to and from work with nothing but the intermediate pipe that comes back from the downpipe off of the manifold... and I haven't noticed much of a difference in cab air quality, I must say.

The "exhaust leaks" are a bit louder than before, but not a lot.

I don't think much was even getting to the muffler before anyways!

I'm hoping to have time to address that this weekend.

Still dreaming about a wideband O2 sensor and afr gauge... that's going to be fairly soon, I feel the clock in my cluster needs to go.

I've decided to fork out for the digital aem one  :dontknow:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:44:27 PM by greymarooneightytwo »

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 12:34:40 AM »
Shanebo, you've got an 81, correct?  So it didn't come with an O2 sensor and you'll have to add one, and there probably isn't a spot on the exhaust for it.  It's probably not too hard to add, but beyond my capability!

My exhaust is the same way. Why when it was suggested that the cat is clogged I laughed so hard.

If it was clogged, then only the leaks would allow the exhaust to escape and theya re usually smaller than the pipe
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 12
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 02:21:44 PM »
Shanebo, you've got an 81, correct?  So it didn't come with an O2 sensor and you'll have to add one, and there probably isn't a spot on the exhaust for it.  It's probably not too hard to add, but beyond my capability!

If it was clogged, then only the leaks would allow the exhaust to escape and theya re usually smaller than the pipe

So true but my whole pipe is not even attached just resting in one another..
'81 Kammback
'81 SX/4(Parts)

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 11:46:10 PM »
Needs a BIG hole for the exhaust to get out. If the cat is clogged, there can still be enough backpressure to cause running issues (been there, got the tee shirt)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk