News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 22, 2024, 11:43:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: T4 shifter removal.... ?  (Read 2205 times)

Offline lapoltba

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 14
T4 shifter removal.... ?
« on: January 13, 2013, 01:57:57 PM »
I am just about ready to drop the trans. in my 83 sx4 and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the shifter off inside the car.

I know it needs to come off so I can drop the trans but I'm at a loss as to how to accomplish it.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: T4 shifter removal.... ?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 07:51:55 PM »
If it's a T4 and not SR4, then there is a plate on top of the trans that will come off with the shifter. I have the T5 shifter from my Jtruck that I just dug out and put into my for sale pile.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline lapoltba

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 14
Re: T4 shifter removal.... ?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 08:09:14 PM »
Ahh ok.  The carpet is a bit stiff and I didn't poke around much.  I'll have to take a closer look.  Those stupid tabby things on the square shift shaft are supposed to be pushed in and the shifter slides off.  I did some searching on the jeep forums and found that.  Either way I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk