News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• October 06, 2024, 02:20:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Roof Rack???  (Read 3243 times)

khenders171

Roof Rack???
« on: November 13, 2012, 12:59:55 AM »
Howdy, Anybody Know What The Best Kind Of Roof Racks Are That Fit And Look Great On The Eagles? :amc:

Offline vangremlin

• Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 216
Re: Roof Rack???
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 08:09:15 AM »
I used to have a Yakima rack and basket on my Kammback.  Here is a shot from the side.  I never put it back on after I got it painted.  I got the rack feet and bars out of the junkyard and the basket off of that online ad site.

1981 Kammback 258 - "Pepe"
1980 Coupe 258 - "Ginger
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 4 cyl 121 - sold
1964 TBird 390 - sold

Offline recomer

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 25
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 09:42:47 AM »
My wagon already had the bars attached to the roof for the factory rack, just had to find a set of cross bars for them. Do you have any of the orginal rack or was yours without from the factory?
83 Eagle Wagon

khenders171

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 01:30:41 PM »
It Looks Pretty Good, What Website Was It? What Dimension Are There? What Does It Come With It? :amc:

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 12
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 11:37:47 AM »
I got a set of Subaru removable roof racks that fit pretty well on my Eagle.. Going to modify them to become removable light bars..

I promise lost of pictures A.S.A.P

Spread
'81 Kammback
'81 SX/4(Parts)

Offline SpreadEagle

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 12
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 11:40:54 AM »
I used to have a Yakima rack and basket on my Kammback.  Here is a shot from the side.  I never put it back on after I got it painted.  I got the rack feet and bars out of the junkyard and the basket off of that online ad site.

Got to say I love that picture.. Makes me want mine looking that good.. Since my Kammy is doubtful to make a full restore if you need stuff let me know and I can see what I can part with..

Spread
'81 Kammback
'81 SX/4(Parts)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk