News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 29, 2024, 12:04:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wagon leaf springs on SX4?  (Read 2219 times)

rohnk

Wagon leaf springs on SX4?
« on: June 03, 2012, 09:27:00 PM »
So I ordered a set of leaf springs a month ago and finally got around to putting them on. Then I found out they are 2" longer than the ones I took off. After looking at the website agian, I see that they send me leaf springs for a wagon.

Should I try to put them on the SX4 or hope they will exchange them? I ordered from Stengell Brothers and had them specially made with an extra leaf in them. I emailed them already but haven't heard back yet. Hoepfully will hear something on Monday.

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: Wagon leaf springs on SX4?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 12:49:00 AM »
I put the wagon springs in Spirit of the Eagle with just the Spirit's main leaf. Lifted it WAAAY up! The wagon main leaf smacked the bracket for the bumper before it even touched ground.
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk