News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• September 29, 2024, 12:33:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2863 times)

Offline jeepjerry

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
Hello
« on: March 26, 2012, 10:01:09 PM »
Hi guys. I'm Jerry, a big AMC fan from southeast wisconsin. My first car was an '85 Eagle wagon which i drove through high school and then i daily drove an '84 sedan a couple years after selling the wagon. The 84 was an auto and i tore apart a rotted out 82 wagon and swapped in an SR-4 four speed manual setup into it. I got low to mid 20's for fuel mileage in that. Looks like i might be getting myself into another one.... an '86 sedan. I have a few jeeps that are all lifted including an '05 Jeep wrangler unlimited, an '81 wagoneer, a '77 J-20, and my '76 cj-5. I drive the wagoneer most often since its got a 258 and four speed manual that gets the best fuel mileage of them all. Im planning to replace the waggy with this '86 as a daily driver. Looks like i have the wagoneer sold so i will update when i get my hands on the eagle for sure.

Heres a pic of it. Needs some cleaning and polishing but its an overall solid car. The drivers floor needs repair but the inner and outer rockers, rear wheelwells, and rear quarters are really clean. Both my last eagles had rust in these areas but was covered by the plastic. I couldnt believe how good this one is in those areas. Its got some bubbling under the vinyl top but i dont know how you get away from that. Its got about 130k miles on it and it starts right up and runs great. Carb looks to be newer.

rohnk

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 10:38:29 PM »
Awesome! Welcome to the Nest. The car looks good and we have been seeing more 4 door sedans lateley. That's a good thing!

Prafeston

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 11:13:06 PM »
Always good to see a new sedan in the nest!

Offline rick1590

• Eagle'd Again!
  • Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • My 1st Eagle 1981...picture from 1990
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 07:28:22 AM »
Welcome... :occasion14: from Central Wisconsin!
Old one...1984 1986 Limited(present one)

Offline jeepjerry

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 09:01:39 AM »
So are the sedans fairly uncommon. I was looking around the forum info and found there were only 1,274 sedans produced this year.. ???
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:07:38 PM by jeepjerry »

Prafeston

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 09:33:29 AM »
So are the sedans are fairly uncommon. I was looking around the forum info and found there were only 1,274 sedans produced this year.. ???

They aren't the rarest Eagle, but they certainly aren't seen as much as the wagon is.

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 11:36:09 AM »
Welcome from N.W. Indiana.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline Whuntmore

• Busy Eagle Owner
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 111
  • If a hammer won't fix it, it's probably electrical
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 03:20:02 PM »
Welcome from the 'Great White North'

Offline jeepjerry

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 1
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 11:34:37 PM »
Took another pic of it in front of my buddys other clean '82 wagon.

Already got together some wheels and tires for it. I had the rims from a jeep cherokee i parted out and my work had these tires on the rack for some time so i asked about them and they sold them to me for $30 each! Brand new pirelli super touring. They are 225/60r15. Would have liked a little taller tire but should be good.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:41:57 PM by jeepjerry »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk