News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• July 03, 2024, 03:48:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: new to the Eagle  (Read 2557 times)

Offline woodartisan

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
new to the Eagle
« on: February 16, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
 :eagle: hello  and thanks for the great info.  I am planing on purchasing a eagle wagon as the wife's next car to replace her BMW wagon.

the big question i have is on tie down points for trailering the wagon home have not look at any yet but have seen a few for sale  l live south of Chicago and am willing to drive to about 600 mile for a good frame 

we have had two Grand Wagoneers and loved them but the fuel cost was just to much.  the eagle with a 5 speed stick shift would be my dream car but i could install the manual trans my self.  was wounding which cars the pedals could come from to make the change. 
 :newbie: thanks again for the great info on this sight.

Tim

Offline woodartisan

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
Re: new to the Eagle
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »
thanks 
 the wagoneers had 360 and where both 1988 even had the same cordova red inside.  we lived in Kentucky at the time and drove the 400 mile trip to IL alot in them. 

I see from the pics that eagle share the arm rest with the wagoneers.  do a lot of AMC share interior parts?

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 05:32:23 PM »
And drivetrain parts too!
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline woodartisan

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 06:08:40 AM »
bought the Eagle that was listed in Central Il.  will post pics on the weekend  :occasion14:

Prafeston

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 07:17:30 AM »
Can't wait to see some pictures!

Offline Pat

• Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 56
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 08:08:42 AM »

Welcome to the board, post up pics (especially the Waggys! ;D ), & bring on the questions! There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. ;)

As she said, welcome & don't be afraid to ask questions (Lord knows I do it often enough). Bunch of great people here.
1995 Jeep Cherokee "Bleep"

No pic here - BlackBird - My '86 AMC Eagle wagon

R.I.P Old Rusty - My '91 F150

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 02:46:21 PM »
Welcome to the Nest.  Yes, AMC used same/similar parts on Eagles and GW's.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk