News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• July 08, 2024, 02:35:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Eagle Project  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Roaming Baseball Helmet

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
My Eagle Project
« on: February 16, 2012, 07:48:06 PM »
Hello fellow Eagle enthusiasts,
I don't know much about automobile service and repair work so I bought a 1986 AMC Eagle sedan and a few other project cars to learn on. My Eagle has been off of the road since 2003 and I'm hoping to get it back on the road sometime this year. Right now it only needs a new steering column (which I already have and need to install) and some exhaust work. With those things, my Eagle will be hopefully be my means of winter weather travel in the future and maybe some fun off-road adventures.
BTW- Does anyone have any advice for vinyl top care?

AMC Forever :amc:,
   Roaming Baseball Helmet

Offline Steve F

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
Re: My Eagle Project
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 09:23:36 PM »
Hi Roaming Baseball Hat,

I don't have any advise about vinyl top care. I also no longer have my 85 Eagle Wagon.

The other day I was cleaning out the basement and found the 1985 Eagle Owners manual and also my CD of the Eagle TSM. I was wondering if you'd like to have them for a donation to the Eagle Store (not sure how that works but any of the administrators would be happy to tell you). If you do want them, you can email me a [email protected].

Offline doc65

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Ogden, UT
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 12:10:41 AM »
Any way you can burn a copy of that CD, I recently acquired an 85 wagon that I'm trying to clean up & get running well enough to get registered, and additional info is always good.

Doc

Offline Steve F

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 07:52:21 PM »
I'll see what I can do. I don't want to "step on any toes" and I bought the CD from the AMC Eagle Store a while ago. I don't know if they have any more available or not as I haven't been to the store in a while since I no longer have my 85 Eagle Wagon.
My old wagon is sitting in Rhode Island. They had used it as a "model" to make "kits" to help with metal replacement on Eagles. AMCConcord that set it up with them. The kits are finished and his wife "BabyEagle" had bought a few so that the company would start to see some profit from their labor. Don't think any one that had asked for them to be made ever bought any.  Kind of disappointing.
I'll let you know if I'm successful in getting a copy burned. My home computer seems to somehow "lost" both my CD ROM drives. They are physically there but not recognized. Once I figure out the problem should be able to get a copy to you.

Offline doc65

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Ogden, UT
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 07:48:50 PM »
That's interesting, I thought all sheetmetal was made of unobtainium, what are they making?

Offline n9xvt

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 12:38:46 AM »
depending on the toes/copyright situation i would be happy to make several copies for cost of media/postage provided i could get my hands on the source material,,

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 04:15:29 PM »
My old wagon is sitting in Rhode Island. They had used it as a "model" to make "kits" to help with metal replacement on Eagles. AMCConcord that set it up with them. The kits are finished and his wife "BabyEagle" had bought a few so that the company would start to see some profit from their labor. Don't think any one that had asked for them to be made ever bought any.  Kind of disappointing.

I am not wanting to hijack this thread, but we have not heard from Paula ("BabyEagle") or Ken (AMCConcord) in a long time.  Do you know how to contact them?
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline Steve F

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 5
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 12:00:30 AM »
Hi Rollguy,
I have not received any reply to any of the private emails I've sent to Paula or to Ken. I think I have their address in RI from a previous email. I'll try to find that and hopefully get a phone number. If so, I will call them and see about an update for the 'Nest.

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 01:09:32 PM »
Hi Rollguy,
I have not received any reply to any of the private emails I've sent to Paula or to Ken. I think I have their address in RI from a previous email. I'll try to find that and hopefully get a phone number. If so, I will call them and see about an update for the 'Nest.

Thanks, and please either start a new thread, or post on an existing one....Rich
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline IowaEagle

• AMC Eagle Archivist
  • Administrator
  • Thumbs Up 477
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 01:46:09 PM »
I have not heard from Paula either.  I even posted on her facebook page.
Click for Toledo, IA Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150   

Not a Jeep.  Not a Car.  Its an AMC Eagle!

1982 Eagle SX/4 Sport;
1980 Concord DL;
1970 Ambassador 2 Dr HT, SST
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe;
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport - Freedom Drive II

Offline Roaming Baseball Helmet

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 05:09:15 PM »
Thanks for the offer Steve. I already have the Chilton AMC 1975-86 service manual. Does the CD offer more "how to" info than the book? I'm really eager to get some hands-on training with car maintenance and repair so I'll take any advice I can get. Right now I'm really busy with wedding plans but I'll try to get back to you in the near future.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk