News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 16, 2024, 03:09:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Front Seats  (Read 8475 times)

Offline phantomlvii

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
Front Seats
« on: August 28, 2011, 09:07:19 PM »
Hey everyone,
the front seats in my eagle are completely shot and I'm having a hard time trying to find decent ones in the junk yards, are there any particular jeep seats that will fit with minor modification?
thanks
derrik
If everything seems to be in control, you're not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Offline 83Eagle!

• AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 180
Re: Front Seats
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 11:07:57 PM »
There are certain years of Wrangler seats that look very similar to Eagle ones.  Someone on here put seats from a Suzuki in their Eagle and I know a couple have figured out how to use XJ Cherokee Seats.  The trick is, IIRC, being able to mount whatever seat you use to the stock Eagle seat track.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline rollguy

• Turbo Diesel Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 84
  • Southern California
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 11:38:13 PM »
Is just the upholstery bad on your seats?   If the frames and springs are still good, you maybe can get the covers from a 'nester here.  The covers alone would be cheaper to ship than an entire seat.   If you find a good seat in a wrecking yard, just buy the covers, not the entire seat.   I have done this with my 'Benzs.    Around here, "seat covers" go for $3.00-$6.00 each.   An entire seat is $45.00 and up.
1980 Eagle Turbodiesel Wagon (only 2 known to exist as of 2008)- 7-7-2011 Flight to it's new nest @ Rambler Ranch
1983 Eagle Wagon  Tan over Copper
1982 Eagle SX4 "ALTREGL"  (avatar photo)
1982 Eagle 4 Door Sedan  Copper over Satin Black
1985 Eagle Sport Wagon October 2007 ROTM (SOLD)
4 Biofuel powered Benzs ('98 E300, '82 300 CD, '82 300 TD (wagon), '80 240 D)
1983 GMC Van (6.2 Diesel)
1985 Mitsubishi pickup (2.3 Turbodiesel)

Offline phantomlvii

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 2
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 12:08:02 PM »
The passenger seat is salvageable...  the drivers seat springs collapsed.  There is a style of older cherokee that i think would look great.  how hard is it to attach one of them to the eagle seat track?  I've also seen some very nice brand new low back jeep seat during my search for seats.  opinions?

http://www.cosmor.cn/cps/&productId=e609538e-7073-4a68-a126-e3e55ddfb20a&comp_stats=comp-FrontProducts_list01-1303887698815.html
If everything seems to be in control, you're not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 12:17:01 PM »
If YJ seats fit the eagle than Mustang seats will fit too.  A very common seat swap in th YJ's is to swap comfy seats from an 80's-90's Mustang.  Same tracks, better options.  Just a thought.
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Offline DaemonForce

• Grease Magnet
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 8
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 03:32:19 PM »
how hard is it to attach one of them to the eagle seat track?  I've also seen some very nice brand new low back jeep seat during my search for seats.  opinions?
Holy heck that looks nice. When I'm done with the exterior, I'm going to redo the interior and I'm more than likely going to need to replace the seats with ones that look that good. Wow. o_o

I have just created my personal money pit...Haha. <3
1983 Limited
AMC 258C {R2:27.Jun.13}
Carter 2681 {R2:28.Oct.12}
TorqueFlite A998 {R6: -20.Apr.12}
NP129 {R2:28.Apr.12}
M35-273 {???}
Compression: 0
Corrected Idle: 0RPM

Rebuild:
???

Offline ww2boymatt

• Hatchling
  • Thumbs Up 0
  • 1984 amc eagle wagen
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 12:47:25 AM »
I looking for some front seats as well anyone selling any front seats for 1980-1984 wagon or if there is any seats out of a jeep that will fit? the man who owned the car before me put BMW seats :banghead:  in the car took out the old seats.  anyone help me out?

Offline 83Eagle!

• Thumbs Up 180
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 12:50:11 AM »
I have a set of seats in my shed someone could pretty easily salvage.  They are tan vinyl.  I have a set I need to swap into my Eagle too.  I think the ones in my car are spoken for; if not they may be available too.  They just have a couple tears in the driver's seat face.  A upholtery guy I know said they were an easy recover.
Click for La_Vista, Ne Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine."

- Abraham Lincoln

1983 Eagle Wagon
2003 Saturn LW200
2007 Saturn Ion
1985 Mallard Class C motor home

After our fiasco with the Toyota Corolla I got for my wife I believe I am done with Japanese vehicles.

Dude you are preaching to a choir member that is close to becoming an AMC Minister if you know what I mean.

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 03:00:10 AM »
Theres alot of seats that will fit but as far as i know all need a little modification to get them anchored down correctly.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline GRONK

• The carburetor dude
  • Eagle Limited
  • Thumbs Up 55
    • GRONK Performance
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 11:15:53 AM »
Just take the anchoring part seriously.  I have seen too mant backwoods seat installations break loose in collisions (In Jeeps anyway)  The 2X4 and drywall screw methon is a fast instalation and an even faster uninstall durring a crash.  Safety 1st!
"Bucket" 1983 Limited Wagon
"Tootie" 1984 Wagon
Owner - GRONK Performance

Offline shanebo

• Without "me" its just "aweso"
  • Thumbs Up 71
  • 80's chicks are the hottest!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 01:11:09 AM »
x2 there GRONK! I installed a backseat in my bronco that was not what you would call DOT approved. I hit a light pole going like 15mph and that sucker clobbered me good. if I had been going at highway speed that thing would have killed me for sure.
AMC, serving up heaping helpings of AWESOME since 1954

Offline macdude443

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 24
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 10:36:34 PM »
I have a set of the Eagle bucket seats and I'm trying to figure out how to separate the two parts of the track.  The seats are out of the car.  The tracks have some bad rust on them and I'd like to soak them in solution to remove it, as well as grease the internals of the track.  Any thoughts?

Also, my covers are fine, but the clear plastic pieces that grab onto the metal are brittle and splitting.  Is there a replacement or do I just take them to an upholstery shop?

ALSO, do shops like that do things like general cleaning and treating of leather without tearing the whole seat apart?  I don't have the money for an entire re-build, but the leather could use some conditioning.

Ok, I'm done.
1982 Eagle SX/4
1986 Eagle Wagon

Offline wagonmaster

• Eagle DL
  • Thumbs Up 7
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 11:52:45 AM »
im wondering if anyone has looked into having an upholstery shop re contour (more bolstering ect)  and recover the stock seats. i see this done on car shows a lot but i dont know how expensive it is. i would be interested in some custom contoured and covered seats. maybe cover them in something that is an update of the original kind of an homage to the original.

Offline priya

• Premium Member
  • Eagle Turbo Diesel
  • Thumbs Up 133
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 12:23:54 PM »
I have a set of the Eagle bucket seats and I'm trying to figure out how to separate the two parts of the track.  The seats are out of the car.  The tracks have some bad rust on them and I'd like to soak them in solution to remove it, as well as grease the internals of the track.  Any thoughts?

There are four nuts holding the tracks to the lower seat frame.  I removed the seat cushion from mine before removing the tracks.  I think one could remove the nuts without removing the seat cushion but the side that sits on the trans tunnel would be quite tight to get a wrench on.

Offline craigp29690

• Eagle
  • Thumbs Up 9
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »
I've got a thread somewhere on here covering the Cherrokee seat replacement I did on my Eagle a few months ago.   I didn't have to take apart the seats to remove any of the tracks.    I did fabricate some cross members to support the GC seats since they are narrower.   If you search for WAR WAGON you should find the pics.   No matter what you do there will be some engineering and fabrication required.  The GC seats sit a little higher.  The driver's side isn't such an issue because I re-used the Eagle power Seat frame and can lower the seat but the passneger side is about 2-3 inches higher than it needs to be.  But it's bolted in for now and mods to lower it will take place at a later date.
1957 Nash Rambler
1964 Rambler Classic 770 2dr
1965 Rambler Classic Wagon              NON-AMC
1966 Rambler Classic Wagon              1981 MAZDA 626 (RWD)
1972 AMC Ambassador Wagon           1991 MAZDA MX5
1981 AMC Concord Wagon                1978 Dodge Magnum XE
1984 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd        
1987 AMC Eagle Wagon Ltd           Yes I have a few toys..........

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk