News: Putting FUN and FRIENDLINESS, FIRST into owning and learning about AMC small bodied cars, primarily Eagles, Spirits and Concords as well as vehicles built in AMC's Mexican subsidiary, VAM.

The AMC Eaglepedia can now be accessed using the buttons found below  This is a comprehensive ever growing archive of information, tips, diagrams, manuals, etc. for the AMC Eagle and other small bodied AMC cars. 

Also a button is now available for our Face Book Group page.

Welcome to the AMC Eagles Nest.  A new site under "old" management -- so welcome to your new home for everything related to AMC Eagles, Spirits and Concords along with opportunities to interact with other AMC'ers.  This site will soon be evolving to look different than it has and we will be incorporating new features we hope you will find useful, entertaining and expand your AMC horizons.

You can now promote your topics at your favorite social media site by clicking on the appropriate icon (top upper right of the page) while viewing the topic you wish to promote.

• June 26, 2024, 09:23:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: cThe conversion starts...... soon  (Read 2055 times)

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
cThe conversion starts...... soon
« on: September 22, 2011, 11:45:41 PM »
Trying to get all my old projects out of the way before winter (almost done. Just need to take some parts off my '83 J10 then haul it to my son in Canada and clean the yard to put in the line from the well to the cabin)

Putting an AW4 into my '81 Eagle wagon (sorry. It's in a garage with the motor hanging right now and the busted  (converter neck snapped) 998/NP129 is almost out. At least it's in a garage so I can work on it when the weather changes soon.
   I scrapped the '91 XJ parts rig this past month (saved the wiring harness and computer) and today I wrestled the AW4 away from the ventilated 4.0L and dismantled the 4.0L as well so I have an HO head to rebuild later.
   The trans has a NV231 on it for now, but I hope to swap that for a NV242 )for full time 4x4 on mixed roads)

I was going to put in a 727 from a Grand Wagoneer (I have one I was going to refresh, but now it's headed for my core pile along with the 998 from the Eagle and one from my '82 Spirit (not yet pulled)

More later (with pics)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

Offline Draekon

• Eagle Sport
  • Thumbs Up 22
Re: cThe conversion starts...... soon
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 09:59:01 PM »
Are you going to drop a stroker in your wagon with that AW4?

Offline carnuck

• Having a 727 means never re-doing the trans again
  • AMC Eagles Den Addicted
  • Thumbs Up 89
  • Near Seattle
    • Virtual Jeep
Re: cThe conversion starts...... soon
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 03:15:28 AM »
Stroker is for my '84 J10 monster truck (AW4, NP241 RokLok from a Rubicon with 4:1 low range, D60 rear and Ford D44 front with 4.10s till I put the 52" Humvees on)
AMC/Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk