The Mighty 258 > Emissions/Vacuum Systems

what to do with my eagle motor and vacuum system

(1/4) > >>

madmax4x4:
I have an 83 eagle that a bought a new 4.2 motor for.  It has an automatic transmission, AC, cruse control and a rats nest of vacuum holes.  My new long block came with the head and its for the 79-80 model but I have the new valve cover needed.  Looking for a simple daily driver.  So my question is what changes can should I make.  I can do some work but I be having a shop do most.  I also picked up a Weber carb and CRT performance HEI distributor from ebay.  The distributor in new the weber is used.  The vacuum and car has been screwed with a lot.  Also the car will not have to pass any emissions tests.

I don't mind putting a bit of money in to it but I did already buy the long block.  Whats a good carb, distributor, and any other stuff to use/do?  Thanks

mudkicker715:
First make sure that motor has the same mounts for your front axel. So compare your motor mount points between them.

thereverendbill:
I have heard from people who put a weber on their cars and jeeps and hated it because they are a son of a gun to keep tuned, I was told that if i was thinking of a weber to ditch that plain and go straight for a MC 2100 

Mechanic:
If you want my advice on the vacume lines. rip it all out! Just have the necesities coverered and don't worry about anything else. I've removed vacume lines on probibly close to half a dozen eagles and all of them ran much smoother without the plastic rats nest that is the vacume lines. if you like I could probibly even get a picture of my SX/4 and how I routed the lines on that to give you a refrence point on what can be taken off without having to trace every bloody line.

madmax4x4:

--- Quote from: thereverendbill on February 16, 2011, 03:01:13 PM ---I have heard from people who put a weber on their cars and jeeps and hated it because they are a son of a gun to keep tuned, I was told that if i was thinking of a weber to ditch that plain and go straight for a MC 2100 

--- End quote ---

What needs to be changed to use a MC2100?  looks like the Weber is staying in the box I don't want to have to screw with it all the time.

ETA found the adapter kit  ;D to use the 2100 link removed -- folks will have to do their own search there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version